Why the iPad does not live up to its expectations.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by killerz3r0, Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. killerz3r0

killerz3r0 Member

This is a list of my views why this isn't the tablet we've been waiting for:

1. The name. People were extremely disappointed when they heard the name. It's just plain ugly. Nothing more to say.
    2. About 20 percent of the surface is bezel. That's ugly.
    3. The home screen features weirdly spaced-out icons.
    4. iWorks is the only thing it truly offers unique (compared to iPhone), but then again, its keyboard sucks.
    5. iPhone apps display on the device very poorly—one mode isolates them in the center of a dark screen, the other one (double pixel mode) makes them look very ugly.
    6. No flash. The device costs $500 (the 16GB).
    7. You're once again stuck to using whatever Apple approves. It's just not a proper "laptop" or "netbook" alternative.

And this is what one of the people who was watching the presentation had to say: "Some in the crowd are just browsing the Web on their own devices, not even paying attention to the Apple presentation. "

Source(s): myself, http://blog.newsweek.com/blogs/tech...stant-apple-ipad-reaction-disappointment.aspx

Are you disappointed? Please comment!
  2. Shadowriver

Shadowriver Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Apple with iPhone showed that they learn on errors and people demends, so software updates might solve that problems.

Remember that iPhone apps are made for iPhone screen, it's pacebo before developers make real apps for iPad and there surly will since AppStore is hell gold rush for them
  3. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I had expected more, though this is Apple and they are a hype machine and always hold back features and functionality for later updates... I won'T be getting on purely because it doesn't natively allow multi-tasking, though there are a lot of other complanits I have about it similar to your thoughts.

However there is another bunch of threads on this subject so better that you keep discussion there instead of opening up a new one...

closed
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.