Why the hell is my server @ ipodtouchmaster.com?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by H3X, Apr 25, 2008.

1. H3X

H3X New Member

This is my server. Why the hell is it accepting the DNS from my server.

I took a screenshot for proof. I want someone to PM me who knows what is going on.

Please Register or Log in to view images

As you can see OpenRepo is there along with a few of my other projects.

I am not necessarily mad more just curious as to why and what the hell i only use this for developing purposes. Also it's not like I give the adress out to everyone.

Also, no one should be able to access the core scripts because they are on ftp so its not a big deal. If somehow anything is changed, however, I am taking legal action.
  2. H3X

H3X New Member

Oh wait, the server is set to localhost. But why?
  3. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

Wow. That is bizarre.
  4. drkassassin

drkassassin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    iptm hexorred you
    yes i used hex instead of hax lol
  5. personman1

personman1 Banned

I'm starting to think that you have something to do with his site coming down even if it was by accident.
  6. H3X

H3X New Member

No what I mean is I checked his DNS it is set to a localhost port (4400) and whoever is hosting/administrating his account doesn't know what's going on.

Basically the same thing displays on ipodtouchmaster.com that would display on your localhost:80 or localhost:8080 site.

It is not linking itself to an IP for example 14.75.17.84 but to a port in this case 4400 which is local on your computer.

So it will be different for everybody who goes there depending if they have a localhost:80 or localhost:8080 set up on their computer.

This probably happened ipodtouchmaster, who clearly doesn't know anything about web, tried to extend their bandwidth after the site crashed.