Why should i / shouldn't i upgrade to 3.0 jailbreak?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by jimorna, Jul 29, 2009.

1. jimorna

jimorna New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Hey fellaz.

I'm currently on iPod touch 2G 2.2.1 Jailbreak. I'v seen ALOT of people on this forum with 3.0 jailbreak under their avatar and im considering to upgrade.

BUT i have also seen lots of threads explaining how to downgrade, back to 2.2.1, FROM 3.0.

I have also seen threads asking if certain stuff works on 3.0. I wouldn't want to upgrade to 3.0 if it didn't have many jailbroken features...so is it worth it?

Thanks heaps.
  2. Olas

Olas New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So far I haven't run into any major problems with 3.0 compatability. Any Cydia app that I used that wasn't compatible with 3.0 when I first upgraded has now been updated since then. All the features of jail breaking are there, and in fact there seem to be even more. I would recommend upgrading if you have the time and patience to reload all your apps and media. Soon enough you might be getting the opposite of your worries: Updated apps might no longer support 2.2.1

This is just my take on it, and I'm sure there are others who could come up with tons of reasons why you shouldn't, but I am perfectly happy with upgrading to 3.0 (Especially because of Bluetooth and Copy/Paste)
  3. jimorna

jimorna New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Yeah i might do it. my only issue now is getting it for free - the first time i tried downloading and installing 3.0 for free it didnt work.. Did you get yours for free?
  4. Olas

Olas New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I followed a tutorial on this forum. I can link you to the specific tutorial if you would like.
  5. jimorna

jimorna New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
  6. iLINUX

iLINUX New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Apart from some apps not being compatible with 3.0 and Wifi's poor performance on 3.0, I don't have a problem with it.
  7. jimorna

jimorna New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    You're with 3.0...do you have wifi problem? my wifi won't go faster than 30 KB/s

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. iLINUX

iLINUX New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Yes.

When I do a speed test my speed is 1.5mb but when I download I can't get over 15k. Also the strength is no where near as good as 2.2.1 because I can't connect from the driveway anymore.
  9. jimorna

jimorna New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Yeah, I'm considering going down to 2.2.1, are you? (You from aus?)
  10. iLINUX

iLINUX New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    I might wait for 3.1 and see if it gets fixed, I like some of the games for 3.0+ so I might stick with it

Please Register or Log in to view images