Why should I jailbreak?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by m26k9, Feb 3, 2009.

1. m26k9

m26k9 New Member

I am sorry if this has been asked before..
    But I dont know why a normal user should jailbreak anymore..
    I got my iTouch early when it came out and very happily jailbroke it and enjoyed all the free applications... I lost touch with my iTouch for couple of months and in that durations the App store opened up with their SDK.. until recently I had Installer and Cedia in my iTouch.. and when I search through applications, I felt that there aren't anything that important or fun is getting there... everybody must be making apps to put in App store.. nothing wrong with it earning money for your creation...

So couple of days ago I had to restore the itouch when I tried to update with iTunes in Virtualbox.. now I wonder, why should I jailbreak?
    because I am sure if its games, App store has thousands of games than at Installer and also much better ones.. and same for other applications...

So what I want to know is, why should anybody jailbreak now?

Thanks.
  2. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
  3. idk761

idk761 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The only reason I jailbreak was for Super Mario on NES, and Themes, just so I can stand out from the other crowd of people with ipod touches.
  4. ipodnanoinian

ipodnanoinian Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    u can still play app store games so hey if ur ipod can do it all why not
  5. supergirl13

supergirl13 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    well,I jailbroke my ipod because of being able to play avi files on it. so,I think you should jailbreak your ipod touch so that you don't have to convert files to mp4. I also jailbroke it so that I could stream flash videos using imobilecinema.