Why Should I Buy An iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by the goat, Jun 6, 2010.

1. the goat

the goat Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I really want an iPad but still don't know weather it is worth it or not, weather it will fit into a 14 year old student's life. So I have a few questions and I'd like to ask you to persuade me and give me some good reasons as to why I should but it.

Questions:
    1. Is the iPad fully and stably (is that right?) jailbroken?
    2. Do you get the regular iPod Touch/iPhone Cydia apps like Winterboard, iBlank etc..
    3. Regarding q.2, is it the same process to apply themes to the iPad? (Regarding you can even install them

Please Register or Log in to view images

)

Thats it really I would appreciate anything which would be helpful, thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Well, since you're deciding whether to get one or not, I really don't think you should consider its jailbroken features. You should think about how useful/useless it'll be to you whether its jailbroken or not. Personally, I have no reason to jailbreak my iPad. I find it to be a great device as is.
  3. luke104

luke104 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPad 4
    it really is a good device, but in my eyes it seems a bit pointless (for me anyways) as I already own a decent laptop, a 32GB iPod Touch and a phone with internet access.. all this combined, has a hell of a lot more features and uses than the iPad.
  4. mush

mush Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    a laptop alone would have a lot more features than an ipad

if u have to ask then u probably shouldent get one
  5. the goat

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Ok thanks for the help guys, I think I have pretty much decided to get it, now what if I had a 1st gen 16GB iPod Touch, and a half decent computer and no laptop? I guess I should be getting it over a laptop yea? Obv. I have a computer which is high spec (for me)
  6. peebrian202869

peebrian202869 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I would get a laptop over an iPad any day...
  7. the goat

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Even if you had a computer? Bare in mind I'm 14 so I'm not gonna need a laptop in the same way say, a 25 year old would, to take it around on buissiness trips and confrences, I just have it when I go downstairs or when I sleep round a friends house or something, I just have the idea that an iPad would suit me better than a laptop
  8. Gangsta692

Gangsta692 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I'd love the iPad for several reasons.
    It's sleek and sexy.
    Web-surfing, emails, messenger, photos, movies and media in general works really well on it, and looks great.
    The design allows easy transportation and is always ready to use, as in no need to start up the device, you just hit the home button and you're ready to go.

I guess it is pricy, but it's still a really nice device. I'd get it if I had the money, but a regular notebook would be better for a student like myself, allowing Word, Powerpoint and such. If the iPad had Word-like programs and was easy to use for printing out papers/essay, I'd def. get it.
  9. Kidchop

Kidchop Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i Dont have an iPad, but it can never replace a PC/Laptop simply because it can not do certain functions and it is not fully a "free market" meaning Apple restrict you. Imagine, if you had no Laptop but an iPad instead than you couldnt JB any device. For this reason i think getting an iPad is for another reason which i do not know of
  10. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Personally, I believe a 14 year old would never fully utilize an iPad.
    I would have never used it for how much it's worth when I was 14 years.
    That's just me, at least.

I know you don't want to hear it, but I think you're better off with an iPod Touch.