Why PwnPlayer does not show up the lockscreen controls on the first run

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by errrick, Oct 26, 2008.

1. errrick

errrick Active Member

PwnPlayer problems and misunderstandings (READ THIS)

Hi guys, I've seen a lot of people who had a few problems and here are the explanations and solution:

- LockScreen controls do not come up on the first run
    When you first install PwnPlayer, "preferences" do not exist in the iPhone disk yet. This causes the lockscreen controls to not find these preferences file (a .plist inside your ~/Library/Preferences folder) and hence, it won't show up any lockscreen controls.

The easiest solution is to run PwnPlayer and exit it completely (by pressing the "X" button on featured screen). This way you force PwnPlayer to save its preferences, and now they will be found by the lockscreen controls (defaults are enabled) so you should start seeing them.

- "Featured" screen
    As for people not liking the ad-bloated featured screen, I'm really sorry for this, but I need to find a way to support this really big project for free, because a lot of work was put on this at no-cost. As soon as I get a better balance on the time I spend on PwnPlayer and lower the stress to the minimum possible, I will make it able to be turned off/on/moved away.

- Directories, files not appearing
    Most people here don't seem to know that in a UNIX-like os and filesystem, everything is CASE-SENSITIVE. I've seen a lot of people posting directory paths and they were all like, in lowercase. Please take a closer look on how these folders are named and that an "M" or an "m" makes a difference. Also, PwnPlayer should detect MewSeek it its installed and create a shorcut directly on your filesystem root folder, so you should see the MewSeek folder on top with a different icon, and that should be the way to access to your downloaded files. Also, if you had PwnPlayer running in background and MewSeek was installed after that, the icon for it will not be shown in PwnPlayer. You must exit and start PwnPlayer again.

- Some final notes
    Also, please note that PwnPlayer will be OPEN SOURCE and a small (or not) development community is planned to be created upon its future plugins support, as well as for people contributing providing patches, fixes and everything that could make it better.

Thanks everyone, and go easy. I was really expecting a lot of issues like these to appear, but hey, this app has a lot of potential ... but also remember it's still on its early development stages. If you don't find it useful, if it doesn't work or anything, please don't be so harsh with it or with me, and of course you are always allowed to uninstall and remove it completely anytime you want.
  2. hakk79

hakk79 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Errick you should add some stuff.

I will Pm you now.
  3. x6blues

x6blues New Member

Thanks so much.
    All this work for free is mind-blowing, so everyone should understand the use of ads

Please Register or Log in to view images

By the way, I'll link this to the entry on Hack The iPod Touch for any with questions.
  4. jhloa2

jhloa2 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    these are great apps! The only problem I have with pwnplayer is the in-app volume controls. It's hard to adjust the volume because your finger has to be right on top of it ( if you notice, the default player you finger can be close but not quite on top to slide it ) once you fix that problem I will have no major complaints with it

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. Baker5

Baker5 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    nice job easy to use guide