Why only 82?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by plokiju, May 26, 2008.

1. plokiju

plokiju New Member

For some reason, I got the spinning wheel of death today after playing with vWallaper, but I manged to get it to boot by removing all my Applications (it booted to an empty screen) but now I can only seem to install 82 Applications at a time. It doesnt seem to matter which 82. I have them relocated and in categories so the shouldnt waste memory or space or anything. Im completely stumped. Any help? (btw, I know how to do stuff, Ive had my iPod since October)
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    That;s the limit on the springboard. If you really need more useless apps you need to try categories or something.
  3. Virtualball

Virtualball Well-Known Member

SummerBoard fixes this. I guess it's just a bug but you can rest assured it will be fixed in 2.0 because Apple doesn't want to deal with a mainstream spinning wheel of death...
  4. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Virtualball, you have seemed to be the expert on this if I recall from way back. Have you seen that Freeklancer91 guy who is trying to add like 147 apps? If you see his thread maybe you can help out or leave a description here.
  5. plokiju

plokiju New Member

But they are in categories. I oly have about 20 on the springboard.
  6. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    There is away around it but I don't know what it is. Obviouslly some people do it but I have never found more than about 10 apps max worth having so I haven't researched it.
  7. plokiju

plokiju New Member

Any more help? I had it working before I had vWallpaper running (Yes, I ignored the warning not to use Skrew Commin with Intelliscreen) but I just dont know why it wont work anymore.

Edit: Now im really mad. I restored but I still have the same problem. and I only hane 20 icons on the springboard!
  8. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hey, freelancer91 here. I found this thread while researching a similar problem. Did you SSH in and see how many folders are in the Application folder? I have the same problem but mine always gets the SWOD at 88-90 applications. You can stop the SWOD by SSHing in and deleting the applications that you installed until it goes under the limit. I don't know how to fix it really. I have had people tell me that dowgrading to 1.1.1/2 will allow more applications to be added but I tried it and it didn't seem to have an effect. Categories won't work either because it just adds another folder to the Applications folder, thus pushing it closer to the limit. As soon as gas prices go down, I'm going to head into town and have Apple look at my ipod and see if they can fix it. I have been assured by geeksquad that they have no problem fixing a jailbroken ipod. You are the only other person I have seen who has this problem and can't fix it. I will let you know as soon as I get my ipod touch back from Geeksquad.

Cheers,

Freelancer91
  9. plokiju

plokiju New Member

I just fixed it. I had to uninstall Summerboard, reinstall, and reboot and it started working.