Why oh why

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Sianspheric, Nov 13, 2007.

1. Sianspheric

Sianspheric New Member

did I have to get a total crash playing around with Customize tonight.

had a jailbroken ipod touch for about 3 weeks, just about got it perfect, all the apps I wanted, newly updated NES and GBA emulators, lots of games, all that sh*t....and now, just had to restore.

it restored to 1.1.2 version and the entire jailbreak for process for 1.1.2 seems completely different, and harder (i initially jailbroke using Touchfree)

GRRRR, dammit

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. alvinjericho

alvinjericho New Member

demet! haha!
  3. Lee

Lee New Member

WoW what a helpful reply !

I have read that you can downgrade back to 1.1.1 if your having issues re jailbreaking,

Just do a search.
  4. itouch101

itouch101 New Member

Yes.. all you need to do is download the ipod firmware 1.1.1 and shift/option - click the restore and you can restore to 1.1.1

Please Register or Log in to view images

use google or the search feature on here to find the 1.1.1 firmware..
  5. neit88

neit88 New Member

c'mon man, this is like a ipod family, we'r trying 2 to help eachother,b cool bro!!!!!
  6. 1337chaos

1337chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i got the same thing at about 11:15 last night. the ever-popular spiining circle of death showed up for a visit. it took me until 2 AM to fix it fully and put it all back to what i had it at before that.
  7. 02 turbo

02 turbo New Member

I guess you guys missed the thousand other threads on this forum addressing the same issues.

1.1.2 cannot be OFFICIALLY Jailbroken. A couple people may claim that they have, but I have not seen any complete walkthroughs yet.

Simply downgrade to 1.1.1 and re-jailbreak or wait until the DEVS release a method for 1.1.2.
  8. Sianspheric

Sianspheric New Member

I saw the threads, I know I will have to get back to 1.1.1.

I'm just griping that it

A: froze after weeks of working so well with adding different applications and mods, and lots of time put into it
    B: then I somehow overlooked itunes asking me during restore if I wanted to also do the update to 1.1.2 and I just agreed
    C: finding out that jailbreaking 1.1.2 cannot be done

grrr, well I will start the process of going back to 1.1.1 and trying to break again and reinstall everything.

Was this complex for you guys? Were you able to get everything back to normal?
  9. Blue43Fan

Blue43Fan New Member

I'm not exactly sure what 02 turbo is talking about, but there IS an official 1.1.2 jailbreak. I've done it and it's so simple it's ridiculous. Look up ipodtouchmaster's extremely helpful video.

Of course, you will have to restore to 1.1.1 first and jailbreak again anyway to prep it. I feel it's worth it, especially because you have to reload everything again, you might as well kill two birds with one stone. It's up to you.
  10. 1337chaos

1337chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    funny, you talk about how we should look around the forums because theres threads like this, yet you obviously havent looked enough to see that theres been a 1.1.2 jailbreak for 4 days already. http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8664