Why not just have the tethered version?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by brendanm, Jan 18, 2009.

1. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    I don't understand why everyone is so down about the fact that it's tethered. Come on, how many of us ACTUALLY let our iPods die on a regular basis? Myself, I charge it every-night and even then it's usually on the speaker dock blasted up and charging at the same time.

I say we should thank the Dev Team, hope that they release us the tethered version tonight/tomorrow with the program to install it and let us use that until the full version is finished... Plus, give them a break- They do ALL of this for us for free, the hard-work, the money, the time and they dedicate it all to making us happy with our jail-breaks.

I thank every Dev Team Member, although, can we please have the tethered program and a tool? I've been so anxious to have a jail-break!
  2. bigboybz

bigboybz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ive been thinking the same thing.. i dont find any reason to reset my ipod touch (the apps tell me to but it makes no difference)
  3. idk761

idk761 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    it's against the law and the dev' principles. And beside some people would not read the instructions and mess up. And the people who mess up will just complain.
  4. MarcoPwnZ

MarcoPwnZ New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    true true... but it gets annoying... sometimes ur app freezes... u gotta reboot... and now u gotta install the jb again... repeat that a few times and its just not worth it...
  5. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Exactly my point, how many of us truly let our iPods die or reset on a regular basis?

The only time it would shut down is on a crash, which then we would just go home and plug it in and use the jail-break after we re jail-break it. Big deal! It'll keep us occupied until the actual full version is finally out...
  6. MarcoPwnZ

MarcoPwnZ New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ya... this is so true... if u did it wrong... no one knows what will happen to ur ipod...
  7. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Wait, how is it against the law? Last time I checked, it wasn't! Regarding the Dev's principals it might but maybe they are willing to make an exception considering the circumstances?
  8. idk761

idk761 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    They would be releasing apple's copyrighted code which Is against the law I think.
  9. iCrap

iCrap Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i thought it gets erased everytime you take it out of sleep mode....
    not reboot.

if you watch the vid when he first turns it on the screen is white and it wont boot.
  10. Coasterboi

Coasterboi New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I think it's best if we just wait. Can't be much longer...