Why not just get a 16GB 3G iphone off of craigslist?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ilikeguitar90, Sep 9, 2009.

1. ilikeguitar90

ilikeguitar90 New Member

I am finding them for $300-350, so I'm sure you guys can find one for that price around where you live to. What are the disadvantages to getting an iphone from craigslist? Will I have any problems with it if I do this, considering I don't even want it for the phone part?

I'm probably still going to get an ipod touch, but I'm just curious as to what the downsides are for getting an iphone from craigslist.
  2. AppleDude

AppleDude Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Make sure you inspect the ins and outs, and make sure your make sure everything functioning. Ask them how long they've had it and are there any negatives. You'll be fine if you do all this stuff.
  3. ilikeguitar90

ilikeguitar90 New Member

but how would internet work? Would you just use wi-fi or something? Because if I do end up getting one, I'm not going to get a phone contract with it or anything...
  4. MegaDell

MegaDell New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yes, if you wanted internet, you'd have to use the wifi. Of course, with a mic, you can use it, plus skype, and wifi, to have a voip phone. What the touch was suppose to be.
  5. ilikeguitar90

ilikeguitar90 New Member

That's exactly why I'm considering it

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. lakerfanalways

lakerfanalways Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    I am considering doing the same thing, just getting an Iphone 3GS but not use the phone part at all since I already have a cell phone, then I can jailbreak it and have a camera, the nice backing I wanted, and a mic
  7. _LG

_LG New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I might actually do this... it's got everything the ipod touch 3g was supposed to have lol hmm...
  8. ilikeguitar90

ilikeguitar90 New Member

Yeah it seems like a good idea...just be aware that 3GS are going for about $500-600 on craigslist, so very expensive.

If you wanted to choose this route, I think you'd be better off with a iphone 3G rather than the 3GS. 3G is a few hundred bucks cheaper and the upgrades from the 3G to 3GS I don't think are THAT significant...

The only thing holding me back is that I don't know if I can live with only 16GB haha
  9. theLorax

theLorax Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    so the touch was supposed to be an iphone without the phone?

well, looks like you might get exactly what you're wanting then!
  10. The Killswitch

The Killswitch Well-Known Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Isn't there a Cydia app that records video for non-3GS users? If so, this is definitely an interesting alternative that I may look into.