Why no video tutorial or automatic app for mac yet?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by Zenteeric, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Zenteeric

Zenteeric New Member

Just as it says. I keep seeing all these windows posts. Video tutorials... Auto programs that do ot for you... Come on all you smart mac users. Some of us are completely blind when it come to this kind of stuff. I know absolutely nothing about it. So please mac users... (ppc users) an auto program would make my day
  2. iGold

iGold New Member

I too would be extremely appreciative if anyone came through with this.
  3. rrm74001

rrm74001 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Here is the funny thing:

When the Tiff exploit team said it was only compatible with Macs, all of the Windows people b*tched and moaned. Now they can do everything and now they can care less. I find it annoying that (not just this website) Mac user are ignored completely. And toc2rta ONLY has a tutorial for WINDOWS users. I appreciate all for their hard work in trying to jailbreak the iPod Touch, but they are only helping a fraction of the community. It is sad, really.
  4. Beemer

Beemer New Member

I agree...I thought the mac side would be getting most of the attention for the hack since when it first came out it was just for macs...now we seem to be left.

However, we have a working hack so I can't complain.
  5. jbazar

jbazar New Member

yeah but an automatic solution would be nice!
  6. James L

James L New Member

You've contributed financially to the dev team, right? After all, they do this for free for all of us, so if people are going to start posting "come on smart mac users" threads then it is only fair that they are compensated for their time.

And for those of you who haven't contributed just wait patiently.... when they get to it, they get to it.
  7. essexmate

essexmate New Member

I'm a macuser, and followed this guide:

http://www.touchdev.net/wiki/Jailbreak_Guide

It really is easy if you follow it step-by-step. Once you get to step 23 the work is pretty much done and and following steps are pretty simple.

Took me about 45 mins and I have never done this sort of thing before. Im just a designer on a mac!

Before I started the whole process, I downloaded everything I needed (about 5 downloads if you include Cyberduck the FTP program), so that I knew I wouldn't become stuck needing something along the way.

Have a try mac users, you'll feel great that you did it all by yourself and it will give the confidence to try other things like rearrange your application icons on the main screen later on!
  8. Fitti

Fitti New Member

This sh*t dont work by me!
  9. essexmate

essexmate New Member

Why doesn't it work for you?
  10. Fitti

Fitti New Member

Number 5 and 6 dont work, have you icq to help me?