why no customize app?

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by ob2is4me, Jan 1, 2009.

1. ob2is4me

ob2is4me New Member

Is it against apple's rules or not possible to do? Why is there no customize app in the appstore? I mean I don't know about you but I would pay like $10 just to not have a black background.
  2. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

It's against Apple's rules regarding the SDK (cannot modify anything on the system outside its own folder), and is against Apple's general philosophy towards control - it's their experience, and you need to have the exact same iPod everyone else does, so you can all 'Think Different' with the exact same icons and wallpaper, versus Windows users and their Zunes with customizable wallpapers and color schemes.
  3. ob2is4me

ob2is4me New Member

Lol ok thanks. I usually stand by microsoft. (not a big mac fan) but the touch/iphone are just so nice haha
  4. NickPod

NickPod Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I never really did understand Apple's own self-conflict. They really do want us to think different, huh?

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. BigDaveyJ

BigDaveyJ New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yea. Zunes are awesome! Especially their break day! They give people a break from their music by breaking for a day. Microsoft is so smart!

I believe that ipods don't have customization because if something goes wrong, Apple is paying for it. And out of like 50 million + iPod Touches alone............. There is going to be a big issue with some less smart users. and there are a lot
  6. iamkewl

iamkewl Banned

hahaha pwnd
  7. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

Yeah, and the ability to customize your lockscreen wallpaper sure ran the risk of completely breaking your iPhone/iPod Touch, didn't it? All they had to do was apply the same idea to the regular SpringBoard wallpaper and they'd be done, or have it so that the lockscreen and default wallpaper were one and the same.

Very simple, very foolproof (I've yet to see an iPod Touch or iPhone die because someone used the default Settings.app to change their lockscreen wallpaper). But you can't do even that much - they want it to look EXACTLY the same on every iPod.
  8. hawaii94

hawaii94 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Apple are jerks.