Why no alternative to categories??

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by uckitsay, Jun 8, 2009.

1. uckitsay

uckitsay Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I love categories and all i have had it since day one and really like it but there needs to be at least an update on it or something. some key features are missing and i'm sure it could be done

1) faster loading of folders. i use keep resident and it's fine but i think with some playing around a dev could make it better

2) easier to rearrange aps i would like to re arrange apps the way i used to when i had them all on my springboard

3) less crashing

http://wyldkard.com/2008/10/19/why-the-categories-iphone-application-is-lacking/
  2. KG3

KG3 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    categories is to inferior to the devs. they are to busy working on fixing itunes 8.2 and jailbreaking the new 3.0. so that means jjust suck it up. you wont get your wish.. sorry

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. k.nitsua

k.nitsua Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    @littlespike825: The dev team didn't make "Categories" - bigboss did.

@uckitsay: Categories is a pain... unfortunately, no one has came up with something better. The load time you see in categories is similar to the load time to many other apps because it's just that, another app. You can't really expect it to load up like it was another page in springboard (which is why my theme "iNitsua" uses other pages instead of categories).

I'd expect the load time to exponentially decrease with the iPhone 3GS; however, in the mean time, check out some themes that have looked AROUND the need for categories - like "iNitsua". I made the theme BECAUSE of the issues with Categories.
  4. cOde0010Joy

cOde0010Joy Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    i've used categories for quite some time alreday; it's works pretty well except for the crashing and some loading time issues. what does the keep resident function do anyway?