Why Jailbreaking 2.0 Can and Cannot work.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Cam, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Cam

Cam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I'm sick of hearing a lot of topics (Technically SEEING), so I made my own:

Here's how Jailbreaking and Adding Custom Apps to 2.0 would realistically work:
    . Hackers find an exploit/develop a program that can hack the 2.0 Software.
    . Hackers put a form of OpenSSH on the iPhone/iPod Touch
    . Hackers find a way to get past the App Store's DRM
    . People download illegal App Store apps, and SSH them into the iPhone/iPod Touch.

Here's how it would be a pain in the ass:
    . Apple would eventually catch on, since App sales would obviously go down a bit.
    . A Majority of well-known Installer Devs are now developing for the App Store, so high quality apps won't be frequently released.
    . If you want something like an Emulator, or Summerboard, you would have to wait until somebody modifies it, or completely re-develops it to work with 2.0's framework. That would take a long time.

So in essence: Expect a way to hack App Store Apps into your iPhone or iPod Touch, but don't plan on seeing a revamped Installer App any time soon.
  2. mitcharr

mitcharr New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Once they get in, i dont think a app like summerboard would be to hard to rewrite, all it does is change some images right?
  3. Cam

Cam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    1.0 and 2.0 are structured completely different, have have different Frameworks. I guess coding Summerboard would be slightly easier than coding NES/Genesis4iPhone.
  4. darthwouter

darthwouter New Member

honestly with the sdk it should be freaking easy for people to port thier stuff

no?