Why jailbreak 2.0?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Appstore 2.0, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Appstore 2.0

Appstore 2.0 New Member

This is not a fanboy thread, as much as i love 2.0 i can see myself with a jailbroken ipod touch in the future.

But why is dev-team doing this, lets assume a few thousand people do jailbreak 2.0 ; why? The system is buggy enough as it is, and with an update just weeks around the corner, surely they're going to have to re-write their program all over again? Like i said, i probably will jailbreak my iPod but only till a more stable version of the 2 series comes out which probably won't even be in 2.1, i say it'll be at least 2 or 3 FW updates until the iPod is stable handling everything in a capable form. Never mind installer which was unstable at the time and it took till 1.1.4 to get everything* right.

* - For some people, disregarding applications themselves, just the installer/cydia apps.
  2. x6blues

x6blues New Member

The applications prohibited by the AppStore, Safari Plugin, iSlsk, Customize, Summerboard, etc.
  3. Kainz

Kainz New Member

App store cannot have background running apps, and the third party ones that exist e.g Intelliscreen are utterly superb.
  4. Appstore 2.0

Appstore 2.0 New Member

You misunderstood.

I know why it's a good idea to jailbreak. But why 2.0, being an unstable platform as it is?

What i'm getting at is, why can't the pwnage tool just wait? Wait till 2.2 or 2.3. Why 2.0?
  5. nicoand

nicoand New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
  6. x6blues

x6blues New Member

Most simply do not care, considering the amount of impatience expressed already, and just want a jailbreak.

Also, it serves as the basis for future jailbreaks, to build upon.

Above poster, Sorry, it has
  7. bigmoew

bigmoew New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The jailbreak for 2.1 (when it comes out) will be a lot easier if they know how to jailbreak 2.0. Now why waste time releasing a program to jailbreak 2.0 when they'll build another for 2.1? Because if they know how to, for however long its useful, they feel other people should be able to take advantage of it.
  8. Kevdanclay

Kevdanclay Banned

jailbreaking will bring the community back

PS: why is your avatar changed? the old one didnt make me want to crawl into a ball and cry like this one does
  9. eric_chaos

eric_chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I agree. I think they should wait until apple fixes most of the bugs, because 2.0 is VERY unstable as of now.
  10. Appstore 2.0

Appstore 2.0 New Member

Actually yeah, i agree the community has gone a bit stale recently so yeah that's one reason to want a jailbreak.

To your other question : it's FPS doug and hes awesome but i'm going to change back to the appstore icon now anyway because my forum name doesn't make sense without it haha.

Please Register or Log in to view images