why isn't there in iPod touch/ iPhone web format

Discussion in 'Site feedback, suggestions, and discussions' started by nelothi, Oct 4, 2007.

1. nelothi

nelothi New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    ok. This is iPod touch fans. But why isn't there a portal to a webpage formated to work with the iPod touch better? Just an idea
  2. bgizzle

bgizzle Administrator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    i'm currently researching it. i'm not sure if it is that important since on my iphone and itouch the site works perfectly, but i will look some more into it.
  3. nelothi

nelothi New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    sweet. yeah, it does work fine, but it would still be nice to not have to move the page so much to read the posts
  4. nintendodude

nintendodude New Member

one great thing you could do is have code that checks the use agent and sets the portview metatag to a value that would make the black bars on the left and right sides not appear. That would allow better view of all pages without having to zoom as often
  5. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Let me also add that a larger font for the iPhone/iPod user agents would be very nice, especially on the links.

Personally though, I think I would just have the page pull a different css file for those user agents.
  6. nintendodude

nintendodude New Member

def. that would be very nice. perhaps each thread in the topic would resemble a song in the ipods music browser.... buttons would be placed in some sort of menu bar...

i bet someone made a Forum template for the iPhone, just gotta link all the SQL stuff I guess.
  7. jasonweaver

jasonweaver New Member

are you asking why there isn't a itouch specific version of a web site? if you are that because they would have to make a whole new website just to accomidate a small fraction of there visitors and it would be a waste of money since the safari works fine. but there are mobile version of some wesites like google.com/m. facebook has a iPhone specific version of their site I think the adress Is iPhone.facebook.com

i hope that helped
  8. Jeffx28

Jeffx28 New Member

currently (Oct.10, 07) the format is great for the touch, but I would like to see bigger navigation arrows for the threads(the page 1,2,3,...etc. >>next thing)

It would make it a lot easier to navigate the threads

Cheers,
    -Jeff
  9. rokrboy

rokrboy Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yeah if the links to different threads could be bigger that would be incredible when browsing on my touch.
  10. 3CKO

3CKO New Member

agreed. i constantly go to the wrong page

Please Register or Log in to view images