Why is un-tethered jailbreak a long way off?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dkramer22, Feb 16, 2009.

1. dkramer22

dkramer22 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Post: The iPhone-Dev Team is working really hard on bringing everyone an easy to use GUI jailbreak for the 2G iPod touch. About 1 month ago, they released a tethered jailbreak which means that once you reboot, the jailbreak goes away. They made a post that said they will have the full jailbreak released within a few weeks.

WELL? I have not seen any jailbreak. I hope that the iPhone-Dev team will release Redsn0w soon so that people like me who are desperate can finally get non-apple approved applications.

Prediction Now, this is only a PREDICTION but I think that the iPhone-Dev team is not going to be working on the jailbreak as hard as they say they are. I think that they are going to probably release it towards the end of March and maybe in the middle of April. It is still being created but they are slowing the development process down. I hope that they know how desperate everyone is and they will put more time into the jailbreak and release it soon! NOW, THIS WAS A PREDICTION. THIS IS NOT OFFICIAL RESULTS!!

BENEFITS OF JAILBREAKING: Well, the good folks at Apple really want to have full control over their devices. They make them impossible to take apart, and make it so it is a little difficult to hack into. Luckily, with the iphone-dev team they have taken their time to create easy to use jailbreaks. What this means is you can actually change any of the settings on your ipod/iphone such as the boot logos, and themes. You also get 2 BRILLIANT applications to download 100% FREE applications, games, etc. These 2 programs are called Cydia and Installer. I personally have never used these programs but they truly look amazing. You can add an unlimited number of sources and download hundreds of apps. Once the iPhone-Dev team releases a 2G ipod touch jailbreak I will be installing an app called NES. NES is an emulator that allows you to play Nintendo games directly from your iPod touch/iPhone. You can get all the games that were ever made from adding sources. You can browse the internet and find sources to get more applications available to download.

So, hopefully the iPhone-Dev team will speed things up in the development of Redsn0w so that everyone with a 2G iPod touch can jailbreak and get many great benefits.

READ: Looking over my post, let me restate some of my statements. I know the iPhone-Dev team is taking a long time to release Redsn0w but they are ensuring that it is 100% great. Also, I am thankful that the iPhone-Dev team takes time to do this. They make many people happy and do all of this for free. So apologies to my post, I don't want it to sound harsh.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. JustCallMeCloud

JustCallMeCloud New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Just use a tethered jailbreak for the meanwhile. I've only rebooted my ipod once since jailbreaking and that was to install Winterboard.
  3. firefoxuser

firefoxuser New Member

yeah its not that bad, it will just be more added comfort with the untethered. besides the semitetherd is almost that
  4. kenzoc

kenzoc New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  5. nem3sis159

nem3sis159 New Member

do you all think chronic will bring it out first
  6. Tom_L222

Tom_L222 Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The iPhone Dev team have found an exploit in the LLB according to Muscle Nerd on twitter. But they won't release it because the Bootrom on the iPod touch 2G might be the same as the one on the new iPhone that is coming out soon. So if they released it Apple could patch the new iPhone and the Dev team would have to find a new exploit to jailbreak the iPhone.
  7. kenzoc

kenzoc New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks for the info. Theres a new iPhone coming out?!?!?