Why is the Cydia Store "Fail"?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by ipodtouchesrule, Mar 7, 2009.

1. ipodtouchesrule

ipodtouchesrule Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I was just wondering why you guys are disliking the Cydia Store. Everything is going to stay the same. Apps that cost money have always cost money. Apps that don't cost money still won't cost money. This is a more clear explanation of the pricing of the Cydia Sore, it's from the [FAQ] Cydia Store by spoonforknife.

Is everything going to cost money now?
    No. Unless the developer changes the price on an item, the price will stay the same. What's free now will stay free. What costs money now will continue to cost money. Examples of applications that cost money include Snapture, MewSeek Pro, and Intelliscreen.

I just want to know why you guys don't like the Cydia Store.
  2. neobrendan

neobrendan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Agreed especially because unlike the app store I doubt that cydia will charge to upliad free apps. And there are already paid apps on cydia and it's not like people are going to be forced to buy anything
  3. NeoTheChosenOne

NeoTheChosenOne New Member

Dude the only reason I jailbreak is to get awesome apps. But now that it is paid I will want to get it even more! I hate the fact that we have to shed out our own blood just for a few apps. The developers are the coolest people on earth. I wish I could be inside the Cydia Store right now.
  4. Typos

Typos New Member

I hope they charge more often. If everyone steals then whyor how do they make better apps? Need funds for the extra servers and coders.
    I would not want to spend 250 of my own dollars to make an app for ungrateful people who won't be using it a month from now. People are so selfish.
  5. TheConqueror

TheConqueror New Member

The reason for me not really liking the cydia store is because I hope it doesn't go to developers heads. Maybe they were just lazy before, but I swear if they start charging for winterboard and mxtube, I will go insane.
  6. iceman58796

iceman58796 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Not necessarily true, seeing as developers now will have the option to charge for what was previously free. And who wouldnt want to make a lil extra money?
  7. ipodtouchesrule

ipodtouchesrule Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    1. It's unlikely they will.
    2. If they do start charging. I wouldn't really mind, because some of these developers have been making applications since the 1.1.1 days. (That's almost 2 years.) They have been for free too the whole time. They have/are a lot using there time for you and me. I wouldn't mind giving a developer 1 buck for all of his hard work.
  8. nicesurf

nicesurf New Member

Free is always the best..he..he..
  9. fred2028

fred2028 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I don't like the store because it is forced upon us, it's not like we have an option to remove it.
  10. Make It sn0w

Make It sn0w Banned

• Illegal/piracy-related discussions
    I hope they make <REMOVED> a lot of money so people dont buy it anymore.