Why is that jailbreak Ipod's have more apps???

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by IPlaya, Jan 4, 2009.

1. IPlaya

IPlaya New Member

Why does Jailbreak Ipod touches have more to offer, has anyone wonder why that is??..........I mean you have to be really smart to make one of these, but you cant get Mario brothers, Zelda, Smash TV, paperboy on this ipod touch without Jailbreaking it.. I mean you think that would be out in the app store but it isnt.. I have a friend who jailbreak his and he has ihalo, Mario, Smash TV... NES, Zelda, Quake, and whole lot more... It's just! Apple can't be that sad were A bunch of hackers Make alot BETTER games then them... I applaud them for some of the apps(Silent hill, Bounce on, Brothers in arms..) but still alot of simple games are left out... It's like These games should already be out... doesnt anybody want make more money?? I be willing to spend 2 dollars or more to buy the old mario.. or zelda and smash tv!...It just doesnt make any sense to me............................

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. SolarFlare

SolarFlare New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The reason those are not in the App Store is because they do not comply with Apple's rules.
    they have copyrights all over them. Nintendo is not going to let Apple sell Mario on their device.
  3. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    It's not up to Apple whether Super Mario Brothers, Zelda, and other NES games are brought to the App Store. Nintendo decides if that can happen or not. Copyright issues.

Same goes for Quake. iD would have to offer it to Apple for them to allow it.

Many people have these NES games on their iPod because they downloaded a ROM and emulator to play it. This is actually illegal, unless the ROM was created by that single person and only they use it as a back up, or for anything else as long as they do not distribute it.

Bottom line, legal issues.

4. chameleon2424

chameleon2424 New Member

Apple doesn't make the apps that you mentioned anyway, third party companies do.
  5. idk761

idk761 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It's is illegal for apple to have mario, nes emulator etc. on there ipod touch. But if it wasn't I bet apple would do support jail break in a heart beat. Or maybe Apple is already working underground to help the hackers hack the new ipod touch...
  6. chameleon2424

chameleon2424 New Member

Yeah that's exactly what apple is doing. Taking the time to help people hack their product and download games illegally. Apple wouldn't even be making any money from it so they wouldn't have a reason to do it in the first place. haha
  7. SolarFlare

SolarFlare New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If Apple was hacking their own product, then wouldn't they just ship them jailbroken?

Obviously, Apple is not that stupid.
  8. idk761

idk761 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    They did make bootcamp(free), so a mac can run windows, which means people could buy the pc games instead of buying overpriced mac games, but not well.