why is itunes telling me to restore after jailbreaking my ipod touch?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by hklover2011, Dec 25, 2009.

1. hklover2011

hklover2011 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Ok when i jailbreak my ipod touch 3g 3.1.2 i use blackra1n and when i install winterboard i have to rebot my ipod. So when it turns back on it tell me to connect to itunes and to restore it deleteing blackra1n and everything from it even the music. So how can i keep blackra1n and all the apps from it with it getting deleted and why do i have to restore it evertime i go to itunes?

Please Register or Log in to view images

now when i use blackra1n when the screen pops up on itunes saying "ipod has detedcted an ipod in recovery mode. You must restore this ipod before it can be used with itunes" and i set up itune so that i can do everything manually
  2. crackinhedz

crackinhedz New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    3.1.2 is a "tethered" jailbreak, meaning once you shut it down or reboot it needs to be jailbroken again....but its simple, just use blackra1n again...only takes a minute.

But, DO NOT restore the iPod through iTunes. As you have found out, it wipes your stuff. So dont do it.

I would go into iTunes settings and unselect anything that has to do with letting iTunes do anything to your iPod. Manually do all the sync'ing and whatnot.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    as a matter of fact there should be an option in iTunes settings to prevent iTunes from starting when the iPod is connected...you don't want iTunes to start when connecting the ipod.

Simply use Blackra1n (only) when needed.
  3. dejko

dejko New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I have the same problem and i can't fix it

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. crackinhedz

crackinhedz New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    There is an option to prevent iTunes from opening/connecting when you connect the iTouch to your PC.

Its under your 'devices' main page:

...make sure its not selected.

also, another setting to check:

...make sure it has a check mark.