Why is Australia so behind...?

Discussion in 'Music, Movies, TV, and Videos' started by Sepulcher, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Sepulcher

Sepulcher Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Ok, so I live in Australia, and am wondering why Australia is extremely behind on TV shows like Family Guy, Simpsons, Bones and others...and the newer family eps we have aren't even in widescreen.

For example, in Top Gear (BBC), we are just under a season behind, and for Bones (FOX), we are quiet behind...

Why is this...?
  2. Psoul

Psoul Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Dude, how about China...
  3. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Cuz they are released in America and the prime minister was badly chosen and it's a she (no offence though) I don't mind being behind but reruns are getting old... 7mate has some stuff to watch though. Top gear is basically just 1/2 new ones but 9 is having top gear Australia which is also behind... It's just the way it is. Same thing in America I hope
  4. Lagunatic

Lagunatic Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    OK, i have lived in Australia for 13 years and now China for 1 and a half, how do you think i feel? We Aussies always get the shows late, and it sucks. Seriously, I could post the new season from America and it would get to my house (which is in a semi-rural area) faster.
  5. Lagunatic

Lagunatic Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    And BTW, Top Gear Australia sucked ass last season.
  6. Sepulcher

Sepulcher Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I agree, Gillard wasn't the best in the bunch. 7mate is annoying, and they took off 7 HD, so it sucks. 7mate is just classic shows, like that 70s show. it's exactly like GO! but with a different name.

Yes, Top Gear Australia is Premiering here in Perth in a week or 2, I probably won't watch Top Gear Australia at all. I'll stick to BBC Knowledge (Foxtel) showing Top Gear UK everyday. I'll probably only watch the Shane Warne episode coz he's cool..

:O Those guys aren't cool. I saw the Ashes special, and that was awful. The guy kept saying "James May..I mean, the Stig". And, the only good thing about episode was having James May, Jeremy Clarkson and Hammond...
  7. iDestiny

iDestiny Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    It's not just TV Shows, it is technology, games and books as well. I'd rather have Gillard than Abbott, though I don't like any of them. Suppose she's the lesser evil xD
  8. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
  9. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

We are generally 1 season behind in everything in new zealand. I guess because the tv stations aren't as big as in the U.S, it probably costs less to run the show when its a year old already
  10. ahmad.ab

ahmad.ab New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    You're sad about Australia ? I live in lebanon and have been watching the same family guy and futurama seasons for the last year or so. I once visited Australia for 2 Weeks and didn't want to let go of the TV !