Why is Apple fighting aganist the wave???

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by hakk79, Apr 2, 2008.

1. hakk79

hakk79 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Why is Apple figting aganist us? It dows not make any sense to me. I am doing this in post-1.2 firmware jailbreak hype. Now back to my main question....What is the point of fighting aganist jailbreaking???

Since the iPod Touch and iPhone was released, jailbreaking has been popular. It is like a win for everyone. More applications to do more things. Apple, on the other hand, has to be sour, and wants to void our warranties and crap. Now this does not make sense to me, because I am sure if there were more applications on the iPhone or iPod Touch, more people would buy them.

Since 1.1.1, hackers have found ways to jailbreak all firmwares. We jailbroke 1.1.2, 1.1.3, 1.1.4, and now 1.2 and then 2.0. Apple should see this, and get the hint that EVERYONE WANTS MORE APPLICATIONS. Steve Jobs, acted like he got the idea, and put out a SDK, and from the threads I read, It uses some kind of coding for apps, that is the same for coding of webapps (I am not that good on coding).

What I think Apple is doing (and I seriously think this will happen) is opening the doors for another Microsoft product that might sweep Apple users off their feet.

So, I seriously think that Apple, should swallow its Pride and allow people to make REAL Third-Party Applications for the iPhone and iPod Touch.
    1 person likes this.
  2. Crypt

Crypt Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    .. because apple wants to make money from the sdk, obviously

and i'm sure the sdk/app store was being thought out/designed/all that long before jailbreaking and apps started

also if microsoft is making office for the iphone then i highly doubt they're about to come out with a competitor
  3. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    apple isnt making a profit. Apple sees that they could be making a lot of money. Apple discourages hacking and gives us an alternative where they profit.

Nuff said
  4. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    They do not approve (my reason) because it doesn't have their name on it. Sure making you pay for the app (with them making a profit aswell there) is more of a side buisness. Don't remember where i saw this, but 50% of iPhones were jailbroken and/or unlocked. Meaning they are making money off hackers, hacking their products to improve them.
  5. cantcatchme939

cantcatchme939 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    1.Of course this voids the warranty. Can you imagine how many people would jailreak and have something go wrong, take their ipod touch to Apple and expect them to fix it. I would make it void the warranty too and you can always restore and get the warranty back.

2.Yeah,that's why they're releasing the AppStore in June.

3.I totally agree. Apple is entirely too proprietary.
  6. BigDaveyJ

BigDaveyJ New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    u obviously dint know a thing guys. they arent trying to prevent it. ure talking abou 1.2.0 right? That hasnt even come out yet. they dont want new firmware to come out before it was supposedly coming out. it was coming out in june so thats 3 months before its actual release. Jailbreaking would also ruin many ipods. hacking is bad, but cool. you have the risk of messing up your ipod. lets say we all broke our ipods every one of us. they would be in such a loss of profit. this is why. not because they dont want our ipods being cool.