Why is Apple Afraid to Give Ipod touch & IPAD camera or video features??

Discussion in 'iPad' started by enki1015, Jan 28, 2010.

1. enki1015

enki1015 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'm just curious these are the only devices who have phone capabilities which have no video or camera. I'm just wondering what the real deal is here. Why are they afraid to add a camera or video to these devices? What do they think we will do with the camera besides take pictures and have video chat. What is the point in going out to purchase this device when you have everything with your IPOD touch. Our Ipod touch phone can do the following:
    1. We can use it as a Phone I've been doing it for 2 months now.
    2. We can use wireless bluetooth technology which I've been using for a month now.
    3. We can access applications
    4. We can play music
    5. We can watch photos and share photos
    6. We can watch tv online via stream using uwatchapp.com the newest movies in theatres, the newest to video movies, etc...

I really wanted this device and would have bought it had it simply had the one thing the Ipod touch was missing a camera but if you are not going to give us a camera and want us to replace our computers for this device surley you have to allow USB connectors. You can't hook up a printer like you can a netbook or laptop. You can't watch Podcast just like the Ipod touch or not without purchasing a App for that and then it will not show all podcasts in the Itunes store. Ipod touch owners waited in anticipation for Apple to give us a camera or video and instead it was given to the IPod Nano as if insult wasn't enough. The IPod Nano even has a camera/video but not the IPod touch or the IPad. What does apple think IPod touch owners will do with a camera? Why are they trying to keep us out of the loop of a camera? Why are they so against Ipod touch users? Basically, the IPad is nothing except a big giant Ipod touch.. I'm so hurt and sad.. once again. I'm so ready to leave apple alone all together at this point. Count me out on purchasing a Ipad for $500 when I paid half the price for a IPod touch with Wifi..
  2. LssThanThree

LssThanThree Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Another one of these threads...
    *sigh*
  3. Code Name_Raven

Code Name_Raven Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    tl;dr, but answering the title. It will take too much away from the iPhone.
  4. Zc456

Zc456 Member

Because we already have enough built-in and stand-alone cameras in our life? Just an idea. I mean, come on, this is only the first generation of an unreleased product.
  5. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yup same here *sigh*
  6. enki1015

enki1015 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well they will not get my money for half a product. And the answer to those who don't understand my husband protect all these cowards in the US and he wants to see and we were under the impression that we would have video chat just like we do with our Dell computers. How can they say they have changed the industry of laptops and netbooks when all of them come with the capablitity of adding your webcam... Dah........ show me a laptop or netbook you can't add a webcam too???
  7. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

How bout you get a laptop or netbook to video chat then? Because the iPad is NOT a computer.
  8. Tsubame

Tsubame New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The iPad, is not a laptop or a netbook.

I need to make that phrase my sig, seriously.
  9. Zc456

Zc456 Member

Can I join?