Why install PDF viewer?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Rawd, Nov 4, 2007.

1. Rawd

Rawd New Member

I've been reading a few posts on getting PDF viewer working, and I am wondering why this is such an important application when you can just view PDF's with the mail app. ??? Just email yourself the pdf.
  2. JLCosta

JLCosta New Member

You are right. Mail.app can read PDF files very well. But you need to be on line to access your PDF files.

With PDFviewer you can put your PDF files into you ipod and can read them even without a network connection.
  3. Rawd

Rawd New Member

Hmm.. With mine, once my email has downloaded the pdf, I no longer need to be online to view it. I just tried it by turning off wifi. I just think this is easier than manually dropping pdf's into the directory and using a seperate app. Also, you can use landscape mode with the mail app viewer. So.. I still don't understand.
  4. JLCosta

JLCosta New Member

I turned off my wifi and I cannot see PDF attachement anymore.

I'm using mail.app with Gmail. You may using some different configuration or mail provider, don't you?
  5. Pinoygeeks

Pinoygeeks New Member

Here's the deal...

We don't want to Upload/download the PDF again and again. Specially large files... Its much more easier to transfer files in your Computer to your iPod Touch.

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. Rawd

Rawd New Member

Ya, I am using mail.app with Outlook. Maybe that is the difference. If you can't access the file without wifi, then I understand why certain people would need a pdf viewer then. You have answered my question.