Why I Went back to 1.1.2

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by nandihno, Jan 28, 2008.

1. nandihno

nandihno New Member

Recently I tried the dev teams 1.1.3 JB... and it indeed upgraded to the 1.1.3 ugly version..
    however i had to download the new apple apps, maps, mail,notes, weather,stock...all of them worked nicely except the maps!

Please Register or Log in to view images

every time i stated maps it would crash...I updated the firmware..but nothing...it kept on crashing.

Also I noticed that i was getting too low on space!.....before the 1.1.3 JB with lots of apps i had like 15Mb.after JB 1.1.3 i ended with 1Mb!!!! WTF!!!

This however seemed to be a known problem...so I had an extra limitation with this jb

So...no way....I simply had to re-store my ipod...
    went through 1.1.1 JB then stepped into 1.1.2 JB...this is where I am back again with all my apps working nicely again and i have now like 17MB free...
    I will definitely JB into 1.1.3 but.....till lots of the issues have iron out....i wont move to it...Feb is around the corner..so might as well just wait till the SDK comes out..!
  2. Rawd

Rawd New Member

I am also going to go back to 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 today. I am fed up with the problems with 1.1.3, and the only reason I like it is for the ability to organize springboard. I thought that the symlink issue would be resolved by now.

3. c0mmun1st4lyf3

c0mmun1st4lyf3 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i hope you know that they have killed the bugs u pointed out.... with bosstools & 1.1.3 map fix
  4. jls25

jls25 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    lol..yes they did...boss toools will move ur apps fonts and ringtones to ur second partition...so u et more space for apps