Why I hate skullcandy low riders.

Discussion in 'Audiophiles: Headphones, Earphones, etc.' started by AndrewBrackin, May 5, 2010.

1. AndrewBrackin

AndrewBrackin New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hey Guys,
    I just wanted to post about skull candy low riders, post a reply with what you think about skull candy.

I bought some in Jan and at first thought they were fine, audio quality and levels is nothing special at all but pretty good. Overpriced but still they look nice and the wire is very thin.

The wire broke on my desk within a week of buying them and I didn't even use them very much that week as I was busy most of the days. I put them on and they snapped, not even on very hard.

It was a joke so I emailed them and they said I can send them back. I forgot to send them back but oh well

Please Register or Log in to view images

I recently bought some sennheiser headphones and love them, great bass and quality I would reccomend these more. Anyway do you own some skull candys or have you heard about them, what do you think?

2. Jibblejab

Jibblejab New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I own a pair of skullcandy smokin buds and a pair of TI's and as much as people b*tch about them, I havent experienced any issues what so ever with them.

Looks good, sound quality pretty good (by my standards), audio levels are abit loud but good.
  3. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I've also never experienced any issues with Skullcandies. I've had a pair of Heshes and a pair of Smokin Buds for over a year and a half and both pairs are still like new. The sound quality isn't the greatest, but they've still been pretty decent 'phones.
  4. Sitruss

Sitruss New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    To each their own, I suppose. I personally cannot stand them, <rant>and the mud that they pour out as a pathetic excuse for audio</rant>.
  5. shortperson1026

shortperson1026 Active Member

I find that people buy skull candy for the look, not the sound.

From my personal experience of owning three pairs of in ear headphones by skull candyd, I can confirm that even taking exquisite care of them will result in a broken pair of headphones in about two months.

I finally decided that skull candy headphones had terrible sound quality for what you are paying, and I invested my next 30 dollars into a pair of over the ear Sony headphones, which sound amazing and has lasted 5 months and counting.
  6. MrDodi

MrDodi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    i got skullcandy lowriders, and i really like them, they fit perfectly on my head, and i like their high sound-output on my iphone.
  7. NinjaBurrito

NinjaBurrito New Member

Skullcandy... I wish people understood how bad the sound is from those pathetic phones. I mean... why pay $60 for crappy earphones, when you can pay $80 for amazing Klipsch S4's?
  8. Toilet Duck

Toilet Duck New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I have a pair of lowriders that I got for free when I got a PAYG phone last Nov, and never had a problem with them in 6 months of ownership. The sound I feel is quite pleasing, and find it hard to complain about them. The wife liked mine so much she got herself a pair.

I also got a free pair of skully Ink'd that were bundled with the wifes lowriders, again for wearing while cutting the grass, or out on a run, I cant find any problems with them.

I've got a pair of Klipsch S2's, and find them to be really uncomfortable, beyond 45 mins of wearing , I get the growing feeling that I just want to tear them out, they just make my ear canals hurt big time. Haven't worn them for a few months now. Sound wise they were OK...

There is a lot of BS spun about headphones. The wisest thing I ever heard about selecting headphones was this: Unless you were the sound engineer on an album, you can't possibly know exactly how that album is supposed to sound. So when it comes to headphones, as long as you like how they sound then they're a good set.
  9. canesfan

canesfan Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I bought Low Riders, They broke in 3 weeks

10. trsblader

trsblader Member

I grabbed a pair of ink'd buds from work almost 6 months ago. They go to the gym, they get wrapped tightly around stuff, the wires get yanked and stepped on a lot, etc and they sound like I just took them out of the package. Not the best sound quality, but for $10 who can really complain. It keeps me from hearing the people on the bus on my 20 minute ride to work and 20 minutes back and keeps music in my ears while I run. I use real speakers for everything else.