Why I don't like my iPod Touch 2G (rant)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Dpatrick, Nov 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dpatrick

Dpatrick New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I can't believe I bought this, I should've gone for the iphone 3G. My friend fooled me into thinking the ipod touch is like the iphone, but it isn't. It just has the same interface. I you want to download apps off of it, you need wifi. If you want to surf the web, you need wifi. If you want to watch youtube, you need wifi. You need wifi for EVERYTHING

And it's rather annoying because I travel outside of my house quite a bit. During those times, there is little or NO wifi available. When there is wifi, there is always a security key encryped into the wireless, and I can't access it. The only thing that i can do is probably listen to music (like any other ipod) and play a couple games. In that case I might as well have just gotten an ipod nano, or the ipod classic.

If I had the iPhone, I would be able to download apps, surf the web, download music, text people, call people, take pictures, and IM people! Well, without wifi on the ipod touch, guess what? You just left out ALL these features.

I also do not like the design of the ipod touch. In my opinion, it is WAY too thin, and the stainless steel is a bit annoying. When you hold it for a long time, the steel turns the ipod into a giant grease ball. I had to buy an extra grip that cost $30 just to solve this problem. By the way the grip is annoying too. When I put it in my pocket, it is extremely hard to take out, and when I take it out, it's got all this dust and lent stuck on it, and I have to rub it all off, which takes about 5 minutes, everytime I take it out of my pocket!!

Now that I wasted $230, I have no money to save up for the iPhone. I am getting probably $200 for christmas, but that is not enough. I have Sprint, I have a WHOLE year and a half left to go before my contract ends, and my parents aren't willing to cancel and get me the iphone. I have no job, I am 15. What should I do? I am stuck with this lent/grease attracting device that has almost no key features, and is just like any other iPod. Exept it's touch screen, and it's more expensive.

Not trying to start a war, I just feel like I had to type all my feelings out, alright?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Germany

Germany Banned

I'm not going to read someone's complaints like this. If you have so many problems with it, just don't tell the whole forum. Most people with this product are happy with it, so you didn't have to write a book on how it sucks when most know it is a great product. Just my input, but whatever.
  3. Dpatrick

Dpatrick New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Maybe the people here are happy with it, but I am sharing my negative views about it. I never thought there was anything wrong with that?

I thought throwing in the negative with the positive = balance and fairness?

Anyway. Go on.
  4. jujubeanie21

jujubeanie21 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Seriously? Quite frankly, you're friend isn't very bright and neither are you. Think logically about this: if you won't be paying for service, why would you be getting wireless everywhere? Conversely, why are iPhone users paying for it if iPod touch users aren't? Common sense...
    And really, above all, it's an iPod; the rest is gravy.
  5. ThatOneKid

ThatOneKid New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Erm

You need for wifi for everything internet related?..
    Unless you expect that there be no need for internet and it just catch your house signal miles away..
    OBVIOUSLY you need wifi..

Stop complaining that you got an iPod Touch

/thread
  6. AppleDude

AppleDude Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    First of all stop faking you have a damn 3G to look cool.

Everything else I agree with because I can relate when I had an iPod Touch, Ill have my 3G on wednesday but wont change my device by my name until I have it in hand.

Why cant people just put what they actually have instead of trying to look cool.

Fail.
  7. batman27returns

batman27returns Banned

Commit suicide and when you are re-born you can buy an iPhone 3G.
  8. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

Then get an iPhone, but all i can say is that iPod Touch rules.
  9. AppleDude

AppleDude Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    All I can say is the iPhone sh*ts on the iPod Touch no matter how much they upgrade it, face it apple likes the iPhone more.

And so does the devs, thats why they put your iPod Touch 2G on hold to work on the iPhone 3G unlocking
  10. JAD

JAD New Member

Depends on your needs and wallet I guess. I'm not willing to pay over $2000 over two years for a phone (or $1200 for an unlocked one and then prepay sims). I'm perfectly happy with my regular cell phone and my iPod touch. I have wifi at home and at work.

Now if they'd drop the price of the phone considerably for the unlocked one, I'd consider it again. Say, a hundy or so more than the 'touch.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.