Why holes? also I need your opinion

Discussion in 'Audiophiles: Headphones, Earphones, etc.' started by reaper00004, Sep 10, 2009.

1. reaper00004

reaper00004 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    When I cover up the holes on my iBuds they have much better bass so why do they have the holes?

Also I need some 2-3(maybe 4 if it's that good) feet in-ear earphones to use with my iPod Shuffle. I want it to be short because I'll be wearing PE shorts(no pockets to stuff the extra wire) sometimes. It should have sound at least a little better than the Apple ones and good noise isolation. Symmetrical cables pls.

i know you audiophiles will yell at me for this but I was looking at the Skullcandy Ink'd(inexpensive) and TiTan
    also the Sony ex75 and JVC marshmallows
    SCs are so damn good lookin'

also does anyone know how to deal with long wires with no pockets?
  2. xFKSxSquirrel

xFKSxSquirrel Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i just bought the skull candy inkd and i cant hear anything besides music. if someone is talking to me its all muffled(them not the music)
  3. reaper00004

reaper00004 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Can you hear static when the wire bounces when you're running?
  4. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    As I just posted, I'd go with the JVC's. My friend has them and he uses them for PE and football (at practice, weights, etc) all the time although I've never asked about his thoughts other than that they sound good to him.

You could always loop the cord around your fingers or hand (loosely) and hold your iPod in the same hand.

Just for clarification purposes, do you want to be able to talk to people with them in or do you want them to isolate? Most people like the isolation but I think it's a pain after a while to take out an earphone every time someone tries to talk to you (usually they hit me cuz they think I'm ignoring) and then put it back in over and over again.

About the holes, I'm not sure. It could be a heating thing; could be to let the extra noise vent, keep the soundstage more clear; or could be for looks. The bass is louder cuz as I said, the sound has no way to escape, since the driver moves more on the bass it's more noticeable.*

*Note: This stuff is speculation, I didn't do research on it or do tests or anything. Just took some guesses that made sense.
  5. div^

div^ New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    I dont know on which holes you refer as I never acctualy used the ibuds - directly went to friends ...

But a hole at the back of the phone is most likely making it open. This effects that it has a wider range and sounds kinda wider.

I have no clue if thats the fact on ibuds - test and see

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. xFKSxSquirrel

xFKSxSquirrel Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    never went running but when i was driving off road with them there was no static