why get an iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by helehole, May 20, 2010.

1. helehole

helehole Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    with this thread I mean no offence at all, I just cant see the good stuff in the iPad...
    can you please tell me why you think its a good idea to get an iPad? and why you got one.
  2. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Well, if you see it as a large ipod touch, look at it this way.

People upgrade small TV screens because they like to see thing son bigger screens.
    tv
    Same goes for iPad basically, the main upgrade from iPod touch is the larger screen space, which allows much better apps and makes almost like a mini computer.

Plus, its gorgeous!
  3. helehole

helehole Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    oh, I see, but, It still doesnt have flash, and I would love to have flash on that gorgeous screen =(
  4. Alpha911

Alpha911 New Member

Device:
    iPad
    Its just awsome to surf and chat the whole day, without carrying a big bag of powerpacks, cables, keyboards, mouses with you, and the batterytimes is just amazing, Im really not getting this thing empty in a day.

You really "feel" the internet....

Please Register or Log in to view images

.....Im always online, can make my business with it and anything else.

I havent really used my laptop since the day my Pad arrived.
  5. maribell7

maribell7 Banned

I see it as a small, light and handy laptop. Since my old laptop is pretty heavy (and big!) I really love using iPad. To me it has the same function, but its much more comfortable to carry.
  6. deadlyvirus

deadlyvirus New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    To me, it is a device for people with more money than sense. I'll take my laptop any day.
  7. bahamutspirit

bahamutspirit New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Well, music and video on the go, plus HD games.

If you wish to do tasks which can only be accomplished on a full-blown Mac or PC, you can always opt for VNC, or LogMeIn, and 3G seals the deal for remote control of your network of devices at home.

Sure the iPhone or iPod Touch can do the above, but the screen real estate on the iPad makes those tasks much more possible. You don't have to scroll so much anymore.

And sure you can always lug along a laptop, but I have been taught to restrain myself while I use my laptop. Like... reduce the brightness, make sure to tweak a lot of settings, make sure to turn off Wifi, make sure to turn down volume, make sure to not run many processes/daemons in the background...

You just have to restrain too much when you are using a laptop. Even more so when you are using an iPod Touch, or iPhone. With the iPad, the battery life is so good that you don't need to restrain yourself at all. You can go all out and you don't even have to worry about that 20% battery remaining popup. It doesn't come on unless you have been running Doom Resurrection while backgrounding iPod for the last 9 hours or so....

If you find yourself staring that 20% battery remaining popup in the face too often, then maybe the iPad will solve it for you
  8. helehole

helehole Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I do realy agree, my laptop has 8 hours of battery time, its light, it has flash, its a dualcore 1,83 x 1,83 ghz, its able to run the most games (with the Nvidia graphics card) and its prolly the size of an iPad, thats why I cant see the sense in the iPad...
  9. d00m42

d00m42 Member

For reading.

I have a desktop that I use for most major tasks (video encoding, Photoshopping, some gaming etc.) and I recently got a MBP for college (because I won't be taking my desktop). I use my iPad for reading, browsing (which ends up being reading anyway, of a few different news sources), and the occasional app. The battery life is much longer than a laptop, and it's much more portable. I see the iPad as an alternative to something like the Kindle, but if you don't want an eReader, there's no significant reason to get one.
  10. Max Peck

Max Peck Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Yes, the iPad is very cool - but there's no way I'd ever replace a full-blown laptop system with one. Not unless, of course, it could run VS2008 and SQL Server 2008.

-Max