Why Fill Your iPhone with Music??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chrisburke, Aug 21, 2008.

1. chrisburke

chrisburke New Member

I just found this this morning... I must have used it before because I already had a account.. SimplifyMedia is an app store app that allows you to access the music on your computer, from your iPhone or iPod Touch via wifi or cellular network for iPhone users... its pretty neat... all you do is download the app on your iPhone/iPod Touch, download the app on your Mac or PC.. I think linux as well.. then you enable sharing (it walks you through it) then you go to your iPhone (or Touch) open simplfymedia, and it connects to your iTunes library on your home computer (it must be on and connected to the network, and simplify media must be turned on as welll.. but you can then access your music from anywhere.. its great for iPhone users because you can even access it through your cellular network... I'm not sure what the bandwidth usage would be like, but nevertheless, if your running out of space because of music, take the music off, and install SimplifyMedia.
  2. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    because then your computer always needs to be running
  3. Rawd

Rawd New Member

I have been using simplify media as well. Great app, but yes, as the person above me stated, you need to make sure your pc is always running Simplify. I also wish that this app was compatible with the dock plug-in so I could use it with my BOSE.
  4. chrisburke

chrisburke New Member

don't most people always leave there computers on??? i know I have 3 macs here and they are always on...infact my iMac which doesnt get used very much is now going to become my media computer... I'm going to transfer all of my music from my macbook (about 13gb worth) over to the iMac and I will use it as my music sharing computer.
  5. Rawd

Rawd New Member

Ya, mine is on all of the time as well, but some people for some reason still don't like doing that. I have a server running 180GB of music.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I also have a movie server running for my psp, that I never use anymore. I am hoping that Simplify will update and allow streaming movies to the iPod

6. miketastic

miketastic New Member

Mainly laptop users, that, even if they don't turn them off, shut them, thus turning internet off.
  7. Zee

Zee Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well, you'd waste of ton of download space over your cellular network just listening to a few songs. If you've got a limited data plan, this would chew it up in no time. Also, you'd be killing the battery life of your iPhone / iPod Touch by constantly using the wifi/cell signal. So while this is neat, it's not very practical.
  8. Rawd

Rawd New Member

I hear what you are saying, but it is practical for some. I have a 6GB per month plan, and I almost always leave my iPhone plugged in. Through 3G the songs stream almost like having them on your ipod, so it works pretty well.
  9. Zee

Zee Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If you're gonna leave it plugged in I assume you're sitting in front of a laptop so you may as well listen to music on the laptop. The point of the iPhone is to be able to walk around and have your music with you. If you're on a bus or train you won't have access to plug in your iPhone so you'd be killing your battery listening to music that you have streaming. I suppose the 6Gb data plan is fine for this, but battery life is still an issue when not plugged in.
  10. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

and if ur underground, u might no have a signal, so no music