Why don't the mods actually do something in the Temporary forum?

Discussion in 'Site feedback, suggestions, and discussions' started by pared, Jan 25, 2008.

1. pared

pared New Member

People post the most ridiculous things there:

One guy is giving everyone the play by play while they jailbreak

Someone else usually decides to create a second post discussing the same thing others were discussing in another... at the top of the board.

People ask questions in new posts that can be answered in the sticky threads.

Why is it so hard for the mods to actually crack down on this garbage? It's not difficult to do... get some people with common sense who can actually clean up the boards... and make sure they do so.

This site is incredibly useful for information on the 1.1.3 jailbreak.... but if there are assigned mods to that board they are not doing a good job AT ALL.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. pared

pared New Member

What the heck... why did my sig all of a sudden become an advertisement?
  3. [ß]

[ß] New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    the first post on every page of every thread now has an ad. This will povide funds for the forum, and eventually more servers.

I'm with you on the crackdown.
  4. buffonitaly

buffonitaly New Member

True that.
  5. pared

pared New Member

Thanks I just noticed that...

I don't understand why this is so hard. Are there not enough mods? I'll help out for a while as I've been a mod of a high traffic message board before.

All it takes is a few mods closing and locking threads asking others to please keep specific discussions to certain threads and not to create new ones. Others will get the point eventually and then IPTF can be a bit more easier to find information.

It's much easier to search a specific thread than the entire forum and get 26 results of "Jailbreak is out??"

This is more a plea of anything... please clean up the forum as it's like a zoo. I could go on:

-Kids who think dey shud typ lyk dis.
    -People who post "search" as if that really helps

All it takes is a little cleanup by the mods. Some are busy making videos to help others... and that's great and all but then the boards suffer. Don't let that happen here.

Again.... this is a plea.

On a side note... the new layout is much more pleasing to the eye with the names on the sides. Thank you to whomever ok'd the change. Much easier to see the content of posts this way.
  6. pared

pared New Member

7. AlexRADL

AlexRADL Retired Moderator

I cannot express to you how many threads there have been on this exact topic, you are just adding to the mess. The temporary section will be deleted once everyone calms down about 1.1.3. I think everyone would rather have all of the 1.1.3 threads in one big section rather than them being scatter throughout the forum. I am getting tired of people complaining over the same thing, like I said, this type of thread has been posted numerous times.
  8. pared

pared New Member

Well I apologize if I'm "adding to the mess." I hope you know this isn't my intention.

What I don't understand is if you guys know about this, why can't something be done? Like I said, I'm more than willing to help.. as are others, I'm sure.

I understand the fact of the forum being temporary.... but IMHO, that doesn't mean it should be a practical free for all in the meantime.

I think, in a way, we share the same frustrations.
  9. [ß]

[ß] New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    THANKYOUSOMUCH
  10. Evalocity7

Evalocity7 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I don't really think it matters at this point...Soon the hype for 1.1.3 will die down because the jailbreak has been released, then the temp section with all the junk will go bye, and all the new posts will just go to the Jailbreak section.