Why Doesnt Vnc Work On My Pc?!?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Murat, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Murat

Murat New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    VNC works perfectly with my laptop which is connected to the internet wirelessly but it doesnt works with my PC which isn't connected to the internet wirelessly... WHY?!? i have done everything right and works with my laptop but not PC? whats the problem... does it only works with wireless connections. and by the way; ip adress of my pc finishes with 168.1.4 but ip adress of my laptop finishes with 168.1.15 i use only one modem. (i only have one internet connection)
    Could that be the problem? is there anyone who've got the vnc working with their pc which is not connected wirelessly?
    thank you for your answers...
  2. ali.bigolo

ali.bigolo Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I don't think it's to do with wireless or wired network, it works with connecting to a port on your computer which is on your network and both your devices are connected to the same network based on what you have posted (if they were the same you would have a problem so no worries there and I think you are missing a 192 at the begining)

VNC could be blocked by a firewall on the PC do you have an antivirus/firewall on your PC that you probably don't have on your laptop? if so post it here and we'll see if we can change its settings to allow this, windows firewall could cause this too.

Ali