Why doesnt my ipod play in my car?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Justv, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Justv

Justv Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I have 2010 nissan sentra which comes with built in ipod connecter. When I connect my ipod to the cable in the car, on the car monitor it flashes "end file" or just shows 1. Idk, why this is happening, I tried it with my old ipod nano and it works fine but wont work with my touch.
  2. NoJoDeL

NoJoDeL New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Maybe you need some Nissan app that let's you do it? Idk. Did you read the manual that comes with your car, maybe that will help you out.
  3. sammita

sammita New Member

Update?

Have you been able to resolve the issue? I have the same problem in my 2010 Nissan. Not all the time but still annoying. Would appreciate any info.
  4. lolmao

lolmao Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    woah way to bump a 2 week old thread... is it a bluetooth connector or, u plug it in?
  5. Alexxpo

Alexxpo New Member

Please help!

I don't mean to be a bother by starting this up again but did you figure out how to resolve the issue? Because my car started doing the same thing yesterday and i don't know how to fix it :/ it's not in the manual and theres no help anywhere on the Internet. I get the same message as you it says end file and displays a 1
  6. sammita

sammita New Member

Yep, yep. Same here. IPod connected via a special cord which came with the car. There's no software for it. Can it be Apple's wonderful OS4?
  7. Big Al

Big Al Guest

Same Problem

Hey Guys!
    I'm having the same issue...
    I can choose the song or podcast i want to play before I plug it in and then when i plug it in with the supplied cord, it will play the song through the speakers but on the radio console it will flash "End File" and "1" back and forth. It will not let me change any songs or even search via the IPOD menu on the car radio (which usually you can break down the songs, podcasts, artists etc.)
    I see that there are other ppl with this problem.. Did anyone find a solution or temporary workaround?
    Is it maybe a podcast that is making the system malfunction? This started happening once I synced after updating to 4.1 OS but Im pretty sure that it worked a couple days with no problem, and then once I added more music, it started to happen.
    Is everyone just dealing with this or what? Does nobody have any kind of solution at all?
    Maybe removing the podcasts and seeing if the problem still persists?
    Another quick question... Is everyone who is experiencing the problem on iOS 4? Are you jailbroken? What did u use to JB?
    Im asking becuase I want to know who I should try to get help from, Apple themselves or should I contact the JB dev team?
    Any insight or comments are greatly appreciated. I am usually real good with troubleshooting and working with technology and this is killing me!!

Thanx again to anyone who takes the time to write back...
    Al
  8. sammita

sammita New Member

Hey Al!

Here's my story. I had iPod touch 3 gen which had iOS4 on it. Occasionally I would get the same End File error on display. I don't think it has anything to do with having podcasts on your iPod because I did not have any and still experienced problems. Now I have iPod touch 4g. I haven't used it much yet but I expect the same thing to happen. There's no rhyme or reason as to when I get an error. I can plug and unplug iPod a few times and then it will play as normal. Both my iPods are not JB. From what I've read online they say that my car (Nissan Sentra) will work only with iPods that have iOS3 or lower. If you have an option to go back to iOS3, you can try and see if you get the same issue. I did not find and 'once and forever' solution.
    Lana