Why does YouTube display it's videos in landscape mode?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Hunid Racks, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Hunid Racks

Hunid Racks New Member

All the youtube videos are in a 4:3 window on youtube.com So why does the iPod touch have to flip from normal view while youre browsing videos to a landscape mode if all the videos aren't even in widescreen? Having a taller screen would enable them to put the video information right below the video as youre watching it!

P.S: I'm off workin 1hr 30 minutes and I get to go buy me iPod Touch!! w00t w00t!! Can't wait! I feel a creamy sensation in my pants already

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. plg6067

plg6067 New Member

the vids look better widecreen, I think it would be too small if it wasnt I think, anyway I hope you like your new iPod

3. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

I'm also of the opinion that things look better in widescreen. I almost hate looking at 4:3, it just looks so wrong to me. But that's okay, we all have different opinions. If you want to see the videos in 4:3, just double tap the screen while the video is playing.
  4. Hunid Racks

Hunid Racks New Member

But it's not real wide screen though, it's just clipping the top and bottom of a 4:3 video resulting in loss of picture and loss in quality

Would be nice to have the option to view it in normal view with the video description below though.

And by normal I mean the other side up so you dont have to flip everytime.

And thank you, I will most definately enjoy me iPod! 54 minutes left!! AHHHHH!!! I hate workkk.
  5. tonyd09

tonyd09 New Member

videos in google video plays either way. they have to be on google video, and not some other websites some links take you. click the "download for ipod" link, then click on "this link" and it'll play.
  6. Hunid Racks

Hunid Racks New Member

Oohhh. Even dailymotion now has an iphone/itouch section! iphones and touches are now being more accepted into the internet browsing world! yay!