Why does this POS keep doing this?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by hbolte, Oct 26, 2008.

1. hbolte

hbolte New Member

When I sync, Itunes puts songs into playlists' on the Itouch that are not in the playlist in Itunes. Any way to prevent this?????

Example: I just loaded 20 songs and made a new playlist for them to go into. Itunes put the songs in every playlists on the Itouch even though they are not in the playlists in Itunes...

Thanks!
  2. shewhowhistles

shewhowhistles New Member

Set it to manually sync videos and music and then add songs at your will not the computer's will.
  3. hbolte

hbolte New Member

I always manually sync. No difference.

Anyone?
  4. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

Unsync all your music, make sure that in the Music tab you've selected only to sync certain playlists, then resync with just those playlists. That SHOULD keep the music seperate - the music'll be on your iPod, but in seperate lists.
  5. hbolte

hbolte New Member

Thanks, still did not work.
  6. Jarlath

Then in that case, you're either doing it wrong or you need to reinstall iTunes because something in the program's screwed up. You may want to uninstall iTunes, trash the something.itl that should be in My Music\iTunes, and then reinstall.
  7. hbolte

hbolte New Member

I did download and re-install it, no help. I'm not familiar with the "something.itl" what is it?

Thanx
  8. Jarlath

Search your computer for *.itl files - those are the iTunes library files. I honestly don't think your problem's related to that, but if you do a full cleanup, if it's a settings issue in iTunes and not just user error, that should clear things up. Otherwise, do a restore and resync everything.
  9. Totally 1337

Totally 1337 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    If he deletes the .itl file he'll have to re-add ALL of his music to iTunes Jarlath.

@hbolte: i do not recommend doing that.
  10. Jarlath

Yeah, and by deleting the ITL file he also makes sure there's very little other crap left over from previous iTunes installs that could be causing an issue. The ITL file's only an index of files anyways. If he was trashing everything in the iTunes folder, then he'd be losing all his music as well. This means he'd just have to readd the folders that his music's stored in, or pick files manually.

Beyond that, if it's not iTunes, he's doing it wrong or didn't check off any of the options I listed.