why does the itouch 3g 8gb have lower batt withought improved speed.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by helikido, Feb 6, 2010.

1. helikido

helikido New Member

hmm lets see. first thought that came to mind is why does it have lower battery time like the true 3g (32and64) models when it does not have the faster proccessor and a gpu wich i consider power hogs. also my theory is that apple is hiding something like it does have a faster proccesor and gpu but not as fast as the other models.
  2. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    It might or might not have a chip to support FM radio. But the 32 and 64 have it for sure.
  3. TakenAppleDownAPeg

TakenAppleDownAPeg Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It might have anti JB hardware/software on it, idk, they might just want 100 or 200 more of your dollars?
  4. viperGTS

viperGTS Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    because apple is slowly going down the drain by being selfish.
  5. nickswitz

nickswitz New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    No, because the battery life is decreased by 3.1.x because of the extra stuff that runs in it.
  6. iTorment

iTorment Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I've always wondered why mine 3rd Gen sucks in battery terms compared to my 2nd Gen which used 2.2.1
  7. helikido

helikido New Member

not true. if the the 3.x software uses more batt then the 32gb and 64 will still loose and have less batt time.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    so far i wan't an itouch cuz i hate it when i have a slow multimedia device (psp). gaming will be alright, already got a psp. so waz up???
  8. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    The battery life decreasing is related to the firmware it runs; not the device itself.

Firmware 3.x and above (presumably forever) will have worse battery life than 1.0.1-2.2.1, probably because of more processes being run in the background (such as push notifications, things like that).
  9. helikido

helikido New Member

i can't believe apple is stupid enough to make firmaware that decrease batt time. but even so, why doesn't the 32gb model have less batt time than the 8gb??
  10. nickswitz

nickswitz New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Because the extra processor and RAM, and other stuff isn't all that taxing on the battery. Almost always it's a software upgrade that will kill battery and not hardware. In fact, the only reason that the battery on the second gen seemed so good was because they put a miserably underpowered battery in the first gen. So when the second gen came out even though it had a more draining firmware (2.0) the battery was more than good enough of a boost to make up for the loss.