Why does Macbook battery own my PC laptop battery?

Discussion in 'General Apple Chat' started by bozeefus, Jun 27, 2008.

1. bozeefus

bozeefus New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Hi there.

My friend has a Macbook 2.4 ghz (just purchased 2 weeks ago) and it has amazing battery life. He was on it for 5 hours straight and the thing was still running although the battery was getting really really low.

With my laptop, I will be grateful if I get 1.5 hours. Granted, I did purchase this "gaming" laptop from ibuypower.com a little more than a year ago, so, of course, I have to take into account that it is in fact a gaming laptop so it's a bit draining on the battery life.

However, I compared the Macbook battery life with my friend's Dell XPS m1330 (purchased approx. a month ago) and it only netted 3 hours or so.

So... what is it that gives Macbooks such a long battery life?

In essence, if you wanted to skip the whole story above, what exactly must one look for when purchasing a laptop battery?
  2. donny007

donny007 New Member

Its apple power saving functions in osx.... if you boot a macbook in xp you get only 3.4 hours, and the batterys of a macbook are better quality and they are big
  3. flattop95

flattop95 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Apple totally lets you customize how your computer uses battery.
  4. blackjak231

blackjak231 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Yeah, i feel totally in control of my computer now! And thats another reason why i switched to mac!