Why does iTunes hate me?

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by SugarBob62, Apr 20, 2009.

1. SugarBob62

SugarBob62 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm struggling here lol. To say the least...

I've got almost ALL of my music I want on it. And have in the midst of organizing my god this like a full time job.
    Anyways, I hated the "track numbers" since some CDs I only took some random songs, and on mixed CDs I had...I had like ten #8's
    So I have been just going through and deleting the numbers, and then just listed them alphabetically by song name. Wish there was a faster way but whatever...

Anyways, I dunno if its because of that or what...but for some reason some of my albums have decided to duplicate themselves.
    Like for example, I have 2 Foiled for the Last Time-Blue October albums now. With half the songs from the CD in one, and half in the other. WTF?!?!?! And you cannot move them at all. They all have the same artist name, same genre, same album name...what is wrong??
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    OMG are you serious??? I think I figured it out. It was either because I also deleted the disc 1 of 1 as well...I guess that doesn't really matter, I can leave those on there.

But also because the one Foiled for the Last Time album title had my cursor ONE space over, and other one was right after the E. Are you serious?!?! Does that really make it in 2 different albums for just something that minute...that it thinks it's two different things? hahaha Wow...

Any suggestions though for the "track number" thing? I've realized you can't delete them on the Import CD page, why? That sucks that you have to do it after the fact. Any fast way to delete them? I tried changing the info for the entire album, and having the track number info blank, but it didn't change it for each individual song.
  2. franky_402

franky_402 New Member

the way i do it is go to the library and select all the songs, every single last one, then right click on any song and select get info it will bring up the window multiple item information. Check the two boxes next to track number and push ok, also if you want you can do it with the disc number, i boxed them in together in the picture so you know exactly what i am talking about. since you selected you wanted to edit that item and didnt give it any values it will erase all of them. This i show i do it if i have multiple artists just spelled different i will select all of them and type in the new artist and it merges all of them. Im posting a picture as well

Attached Files:

3. SugarBob62

SugarBob62 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Oh wow that makes it a lot easier, hahahha thanks!
  4. MikeBoi

MikeBoi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    iTunes Does not hate you. As it is not a living thing, Have Neither emotions nor thoughts.

You are blaming iTunes for your own mistakes.
  5. lewis_

lewis_ New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    can you not order your songs via clicking the track number tab? all songs with track numbers will be at the top of your libary? then highlight all then change the track number to 0? or just control and a then do it for your whole libary? or even just remove the track number tab at the top of the screen so you cant see them - by right clicking it then unticking it.