Why does it take so long for Greenpois0n to be released?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iAwesome, Oct 11, 2010.

1. iAwesome

iAwesome New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I just-dont-get-it.

Limera1n was made in like one day, of using a 6 months old code. And from what I've read it seems to work fine. Pretty good, actually! But Greenpois0n... where are you? I don't understand why they are delaying it for so long, when Limera1n was made that fast. I mean, they do the same thing, right? They jailbreak your iPod/iPhone/iPad. I mean, Limera1n and Greenpois0n.

Would appreciate any logic answers. And please don't pick on me for this, I'm a noob when it comes to jailbreaking.
  2. Grun1009

Grun1009 Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    It probably would be out if limera1n didn't come out, now they have to change everything to that it will use the limera1n exploit .so apple doesnt patch the greenpois0n exploit
  3. chickenmatt5

chickenmatt5 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    They're saving it for 5G devices.
  4. austers

austers Well-Known Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    It's because Geohot is pro and the Dev Team are noobs!
  5. EireMini

EireMini New Member

i dont know much myself, but from what i know,
    "limera1n, 6 months in the making"

it was "released today to get chronicdev to do the right thing"
    it was released a day earlier then Greenpois0n, so they wud do da right thing, which refers to them holding there exploit from future jailbreaks, like iOS5.0 or whatever.

"We are making the responsible decision as suggested by @MuscleNerd and @comex to delay greenpois0n while we implement the limera1n exploit."
    On October 10, 2010, Chronic Dev Team delayed the release of the new jailbreak Greenpois0n "while they implement the limera1n exploit".
    i believe this indicates that the 'greenpois0n' team are checking which exploit Limera1n(geohot) used to jailbreak, and are possibly saving greenpois0n for a future jailbreak, why waste two exploits on one jailbreak?

Basicly, i think, not to sure, but greenpois0n is delayed cause they dont want to use to exploits on one IOS, seems a waste.which is why they are saving it

sorry if this makes no sense, im confused as it is :L

My question to you is, Why do u want Greenpois0n, if you have jailbroken with limera1n, is it not the same thing?

Mini

Please Register or Log in to view images

Some Sources:
    http://twitter.com/chronicdevteam/status/26924949838#
    http://greenpois0n.com/
    http://www.limera1n.com/
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IOS_jailbreaking
  6. iAwesome

iAwesome New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    They're saving the whole thing for nextgen iDevices? So it won't be worth waiting for it? I'll just go on jailbreak my iPod with Limera1n?

I haven't jailbroken it yet. For some reason I want Greenpois0n, not Limera1n. haha
  7. EireMini

EireMini New Member

oh right :L i dont think there is any differences, apart from limera1n being a bit buggy at the minute

Please Register or Log in to view images

im sure its fine
  8. Eclipse

Eclipse Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    By delayed they mean they are not going to release it until limera1n cant be used to jailbreak any more.

And his are earlier because their kinda made in a rush, the devteam's are mostly accurate and non-buggy releases while his usually have like 4 or 5 releases after the original one to take care of bugs.
  9. iAwesome

iAwesome New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Thats why I am so skeptic jailbreaking with Limera1n, cuz of the bugs.
  10. shamrock

shamrock Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    there are no major bugs... for an ipod touch 4, there are no bugs, except that before a reboot, the limera1n icon appears to be a blank white one... not huge. greenpoison is not going to release until fifth gens release (i think) because of the exploit controversy..