Why does Apple keep on charging iPod touch users?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rohit92, Mar 7, 2008.

1. rohit92

rohit92 New Member

Hey guys,
    I was wondering, why does Apple only look to place a fee on iPod touch users and not us. First, it is the apps for it and now, SDK. It should be charge all or none. Anyway, I think just to screw them over, I will be a new iPod after SDK and then put my old one inside the box and return it. If you talk to them during the return process and sidetrack them, they usually do not pay attention to what is inside the box. What do you guys think?
  2. the goat

the goat Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    well, its obvious, well to some people-iphone users (well **some** of them) are paying like min.£35 a month for the phone line. we just pay the prive of theproduct and thats it.
  3. blurx

blurx Member

Apple already gets money from AT&T for all of the iphones service so they want money from Ipods also.
  4. simonrichards150

simonrichards150 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I just don't believe all this crap about monthly charges for the iphone meaning they get free stuff etc

Think about it. If you buy an iPhone, on a monthly tariff, you pay X amount for the phone itself, then Y amount every month, and in exchange, you get EDGE, voice calls, visual voicemail, SMS, etcetc

If you buy an iPod Touch, it can't function as an iPhone does, so for a start, apple saves money on the hardware, not having to include a cellular modem etc. And so what if ipod touch users don't pay a monthly fee? They don't get any of the benefits either! No SMS, EDGE, Voice calls etc.

So all these charges are is a big F**K YOU! to all the ipod touch owners out there.
  5. Freefall

Freefall New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    yer its pretty crap how apple always screws usbut wat can u do exept stay on old fiirmware!
  6. Whosthatrandom

Whosthatrandom New Member

The reason is for accounting purposes; there was a case called Sarbanes-Oxley (or something like that) where a company offered free upgrades to a product that was accounted for in terms of the price of the unit (and that's it), and it was claimed that they were being deceptive by doing so. Therefore, to avoid similar lawsuits, Apple have decided to charge for substantial upgrades to the iPod Touch, because of the accounting method used. Granted, they took a liberty in January by charging $20 for what was effectively one line of code, but if you watch the video of yesterday's event, they use the phrase "nominal fee" to refer to the price of the upgrade for iPod Touch. This suggests to me that they have learnt from their previous mistake!
  7. itouchmaster12345

itouchmaster12345 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    iphone users paid more than ipod touch users in the first place! so its fair that they get the new features free and we have to pay. i hate how people get so mad about paying $2 for this future app store, or any other minor fees. ipod touch owners can't be that poor they already spent $300-$500 for the ipod itself. so shut up and stop complaining
  8. simonrichards150

simonrichards150 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    iPhone users pay more, and they get more for it.

iPod Touch users dont get more, because they don't pay more.

Im not talking about updates, im talking about EDGE, calls etc
  9. vipfreak

vipfreak New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    What? I haven't gotten charged since I bought my touch for $320 back in Dec.
  10. ballinjace

ballinjace New Member