Why does Apple hate Jailbreaking?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Noisemaker, Nov 15, 2008.

1. Noisemaker

Noisemaker Banned

I've been thinking about this. Why would Apple want to do away with jailbreaking? Not only does it nullify the warranty (thereby saving them money), but it also targets a whole different group of people. I bought a Touch because of the jailbreak option. I know other people who have as well. I'm sure there are even more people here on IpodTouchFans that have done the same.

With this in mind, why does Apple want Jailbreaking gone?
  2. Pwnage Productions

Pwnage Productions Banned

umm, cracked apps, free apps(cydia), free music, free videos, therebye not paying for basically anything
  3. *Soul~Of~iTouch*

*Soul~Of~iTouch* New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    They don't. They just try to look as if they don't like it but deep down inside, they don't really mind it that much.

They're just trying to make it look as if they really hate it by making it harder. I'm sure it isn't impossible to make the iPod unjailbreakable but the fact that they have not gone to that extent proves that they do not wish it eliminated.
  4. ThrowAway

ThrowAway New Member

Because people are thieving copyrighted works.
  5. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

With jailbreaking they lose the sale of music, apps, and other media content.
  6. carpz

carpz New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    even without jailbreaking you can put music that you havent bought on an ipod, so you saw that it makes them lose money for sale of music is irrelevant.
  7. Noisemaker

Noisemaker Banned

I can understand cracked apps, but there are free apps in the Appstore, and the apps in Cydia are ones that Apple wouldn't approve anyway.

Free music is another hot-button issue with them, but MewSeek literally just came out. The 2G has been out longer.

Free videos are out there to begin with. Keepvid.com allows you to save Youtube videos in the same way MXtube does.

So, really, their only purpose fortrying to get rid of jailbreaking is to prevent cracked apps?
  8. Pwnage Productions

Pwnage Productions Banned

i mean, come on, cracked apps is totaly losing money for them. the whole reason for the appstore was to help cover the newer firmware features(for example podcasts(2.1.1) and more to come), and if no one pays, no new firmware, no new firmware, ipod = fail(well not really

Please Register or Log in to view images

) my point is that they are already losing music and videos from what you have said, so really this is there last resort, and plus i believe their are other reasons that we will never understand(apple

Please Register or Log in to view images

)
  9. MegaMan

MegaMan New Member

there was jail braking way before the app store
    apple just doesn't like when the user changes things, unless of course they can make money on every little change and feature
  10. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Asking why Apple doesn't like/want Jailbreaking is like asking why Mac OS X isn't officially on regular PC's.