Welcome to the iFans Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

why does a itunes sync take so long?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by skydawger, Oct 29, 2010.

1. skydawger

skydawger New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    OK, let me be clear from the outset, though I love my 4G 8 gig Touch, I don't heart itunes, never have and still don't. I use itunes as little as possible but it does seem to be the only was to back up the Touch - am I right about that?

So I sync the device once a week, as a back up. But, man-o-man, it takes ages! What's the deal, I only have an 8gig and its only half full. Why such a long time to back it up....my 'puter has lots of power...my old Palm TX used to sync with its Palm Desktop program in a couple of minutes and had way more stuff on there....so...:confused:
  2. xX-SicKsKiLZz-Xx

xX-SicKsKiLZz-Xx Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
  3. markh78

markh78 Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    I've got 60GB data on my 64GB ipt4g, and it doesn't take more than a few minutes to sync.
    But then again, I tend to sync mine nearly everyday, so maybe there's actually less to backup per sync.

Wow, like WTF!?
    My iTunes, my god, oh my it's hard to believe... but it actually opens up INSTANTLY!
    Thanks for the great info :D
  4. OnlyAn8

OnlyAn8 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    My syncs dont take long, but then again I have an 8gig.

If you have a lot of data on your iPod, it may take long. But not long enough to complain about it.
  5. skydawger

skydawger New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I worked through the tutorial, did it all except the Back Off toggle, seeing as I mainly use itunes as a back up, and didn't go with the indexing. So now the sync just took 15 minutes instead of half an hour. Big improvement - thanks!
  6. KeepingITfly

KeepingITfly New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    if you downlod to many sngs or apps it will take a while for the stuff to get trasnfered from your ipod to ur computer.. plus some songs won't sync corectly...
    my sycning time it 2 minutes tops though... you might have an issue with your ipod.