Why do...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by troj, Mar 4, 2010.

1. troj

troj New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Why do some of my single songs (which aren't part of an album or a compilation) appear as an "album" - with no artwork - when I turn my iPod sideways?

It's a bit annoying for the "neatness" of my album catalogue.
  2. kingcoolryan

kingcoolryan Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    its because its a part of an album... i use tuneup to organize my apps so they are organized... yeah if you dont want that go onto itunes and get info of the song and delete the thing under album
  3. personman

personman Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Or better yet, you can get the Cover Art for the singles and it'll show in Cover Flow.
  4. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Yeah ^. You can find most of the artwork on Google. Always go for the highest resolution too; helps it not be blurred.
  5. Nintendork

Nintendork New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah I usually look for ones that are as close to 300x300px as possible while keeping the file size at least 15kb or less.

Another easier way though is to just to right click the song and click "Get Album Artwork", and in a matter of seconds, the picture for your album will appear. But make sure you have the name of the song's respective album because iTunes uses that data to find the artwork based on what you've typed for the song's album.
  6. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    My biggest pet peeve is album artwork that is all blurry and stretched. I HATE it.