Why do you have to have 1.1.3?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by FrankDaTank089, Feb 4, 2008.

1. FrankDaTank089

FrankDaTank089 New Member

I really don't understand why we, as the jailbreak community, don't boycott 1.1.3 and stop using it. You can do everything with 1.1.2 that you can do with 1.1.3 (yes, that includes the squiggly icon order, except you have to do it through customize with *gasp* no squiggly icons.)
    all I see every single time when i look in the 1.1.3 section or other threads that have to do with 1.1.3 is "this app dosent work!" or "its freezing up on me!" Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't there apps that have worked fine on other firmware versions that don't even run on 1.1.3? I mean, for real, what is so special that you need 1.1.3? It is also giving developers a tough time trying to develop for it, even tougher when they have to develop for different firmwares (1.1.1, 1.1.2 and 1.1.3). So in the long run, we would be helping them out and all that extra time would maybe open up the door for more development for other programs.
  2. Rawd

Rawd New Member

Too be honest, I have been thinking of going back, due to ongoing symlink problems.. I am hoping that the few apps I have problems with will be updated soon.

My BIGGEST reason for staying with 1.1.3 is the icon arranging. It is much better than customize in the fact that you can have as little or as many apps per page as you like. I also like the bookmark to homescreen option.
  3. FrankDaTank089

FrankDaTank089 New Member

I am not gonna lie, I do like those functions a lot and I am jealous of you guys for having them, but the compatibility and technical issues outweigh those aspects by far, in my eyes.
  4. GarnetNGold

GarnetNGold Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I like 1.1.3 better, like Rawd said the icon arranging is better all my apps are working as in

1.1.2 except the Customize icon rearranging. I haven't had any of the "SPRINGBOARD NOT

LOADING" or "SUMMERBOARD ISN'T WORKING". I was in the same place as you and I wish I

jailbroke 1.1.3 earlier.
  5. jfb392

jfb392 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The frameworks and libraries have been changed, rendering many applications useless on 1.1.3.
    Supporting 1.1.2< wouldn't make sense, as every developer would require two toolchains.
    1.1.3 is SDK-ready, so many new features have been added, and some removed, to help developers.
  6. shuffle

shuffle Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have it because I don't go crazy on the apps. I get summerboard,customize, nes, psx4all, and thats about it. I like being on the most recent version anyway, and updates will come
  7. DxTania

DxTania Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    One word - LYRICS.
  8. hidlabu

hidlabu New Member

What's TuneWiki for?
  9. theballonman

theballonman New Member

im still on 1.1.1 and loving it, don't see why i should update

Please Register or Log in to view images