Why do shops still sell ipod touch's with old software?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by starling, Jul 2, 2008.

1. starling

starling New Member

Most stores seems to sell ipod touch's with or without the software update? Why is this? Are the ones without the update 'old stock' which has been sat around or do apple continue to ship them to stores with the old software?

Ta!
  2. Mortel

Mortel Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Apple doesn't ship iPod touches with old firmware anymore. The ones in the stores that still have previous firmwares haven't been sold to anyone yet, so they are still there.
  3. starling

starling New Member

Cheers Mortel - I've read about the earlier problems with the screens not being as good as the Iphone's and that they were rectified in later models. If I was to purchase a model with the old firmware could I be risking getting a touch with screen problems?
  4. Tariomaster

Tariomaster Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Some people say that the screen problem was fixed in an update... but even if you did end up getting one, you could just tell Apple to replace it.

Look for the box that has "Lennon Legend" on it.
  5. JohnFa

JohnFa New Member

I just recently bought the Lennon Legend one, and it came with 1.1.1 firmware. When it installed it automatically updated it to 1.1.4, but without the january update.
    The Apple store said that they sell two versions; one that's updated and one that's not. It's about a $50 difference between the two here in Sweden.