why do people want a camera

Discussion in 'iPad' started by tomqman, Jan 28, 2010.

1. tomqman

tomqman Member

would you just be walking around pull out your ipad and take a picture well no. the only use would be for your contact book.
  2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

I think people want an iSight camera so they can make video calls or whatever. Skype.
  3. BigBossMan

BigBossMan Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    its not like people would really just pull it out of there back pacs or what ever and pop in the isight camera its more for video conference for doctors and major corporate companies and plus some people might think its cool to use
  4. tomqman

tomqman Member

didnt think of that yer skype would be cool with video cam
  5. Harry Goldfarb

Harry Goldfarb New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Why though when i think of the iPad im thinking its headed toward more of the education category. In no way will the iPad be replacing your computers at home, so why would you need it to do skype?
  6. gunzmaiet

gunzmaiet New Member

ya, mainly for videochat since most netbook do that
  7. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Just because it's aimed at being an eBook reader, doesn't mean it has to be all about education. And with wifi/3G, people will be able to Skype anywhere they want and they won't be limited to using Skype at home.
  8. Flea

Flea New Member

Device:
    iPad
    Couldn't have said it any better myself
  9. enki1015

enki1015 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I don't know who is asking this questions but have you even considered the millitary and their families. The big hype is that the Ipad would change the game of netbooks. How can it do that when there is no USB connection just like my ipod touch. We want either a camera or USB connectors to use with our web cams for webchat with our families in other countries. Video chat is the biggest thing now. Please show me a Microsoft laptop or netbook which will not allow you to attach a webcam? I bet you can't show us that. This thing is a gigantic Ipod touch and for Ipod touch users I can't see the reason to buy this thing at this point. Plus without having USB connectors you do not have the ability to print or do anything with the data. Why buy this thing it's useless if you have business needs and if you are a gamer why wouldn't you pay half the cost and just get the XBox 360 live. Without the correct features I'm afraid I was so so diasppointed in Apple. I think the correct question shold be why are they so afraid of giving the IPod touch a camera. After waiting and waiting they gave video to the IPod Nano, come on who really has the problem here? Surely, it's apple what are they afraid the Ipod touch owners will do with a camera or video feature? What are you afraid of Apple?
  10. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Umm, the iPad is not a computer, it is not a netbook, it does not run a desktop OS and Steve Jobs never said it was gonna be any of these things. I think it's pretty self explanatory. It's like saying.. "Why can't my Motorola DROID print stuff? Why isn't it running Windows 7?" because it's obviously a phone. Like the iPad is a tablet, it's not meant to run desktop OSes.