Why do people think that computers are bad for gaming?

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by BigAl, Jun 3, 2010.

1. BigAl

BigAl New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    All of my mates have consoles such as PS3 and Xbox 360 and when they hear that I've got a computer they laugh at me saying that it is crap and you can't do anything on it. I tell them that my specs are better (see my specs at the bottom). The only thing that consoles have got better hardware is the processor and the graphics card but the rest my computer is better. It also costed £400 meaning it's a good computer for its value. So do you think that computers suck at gaming?

My Specs:

RAM - 4GB
    Graphics - nVidia GeForce 9800GT 512MB
    HDD - 500GB
    Processor - Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 2.33GHz
    OS - Windows 7 64 Bit
    Windows Experience Index - 5.9
  2. That Kid

That Kid New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Probably they think that because of the controls. A lot of people think they are bad or harder because they are different. B.T.W Nice computer

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. BigAl

BigAl New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks. I actually prefer playing games such as Call of Duty or FIFA on computer as I find it easier. I like playing racing games on consoles though.
  4. 4NewHop3

4NewHop3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Lots of people don't like computer gaming because there is way more hackers and such involved (I experienced this). I lost all of my equipment due to a hacker in a game I payed $55 for (the $55 was for the equipment). =(
  5. iLucky

iLucky New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I love consoles but I think a computer would be way better because of modders making maps and stuff so you get more. then again i dont have a computer for gaming lol
  6. BigAl

BigAl New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah on computers the games can be more interesting, a good example is GTA SA where 1000's of mods are available. Also on computer you can use programs like Photoshop and Microsoft Office and the internet is much better on the computer
  7. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I prefer consoles, although I have a fing computer and use that regularly. My reason for that computers become obsoletecor gaming so much faster compared to consoles.
  8. qaiz

qaiz Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    PC'S beat consoles in every way. the reason people like consoles is simply because you get what you pay for, Meaning you buy a console, plug it in and play. Computers aren't so much, but the fact is, many people who have consoles have PC'S anyways, so why not use it for gaming?

Pc's are also more vulnerable to hackers and pirates. I guess its the complexity of PC's.

Also, Even a 2007 PC has better specs that a Xbox and ps3. The Xbox and PS3 run well because the games are made for that set up.The games are made to run on that abysmal 512mb ram.

Consoles also have easier control's and console have quite a few exclusives (God of war etc) Its apples and oranges.
  9. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    As long as PS3 has Uncharted 2, it will always see more action than my PC. Though I'm fine with playing MW and MW2 on the PC.
  10. qaiz

qaiz Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Yeah but the Pc has many exclusives like World of Warcraft Or Crysis, Oh wait...