Why do people bother with the 8 and 16 gig touch

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by rdesouza, Dec 13, 2008.

1. rdesouza

rdesouza New Member

Surely its better to get the 32gig and be done with it!
  2. Totally 1337

Totally 1337 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Yes, it probably is. But in case you didn't know, the 32Gb costs more money!

Some people (like me

Please Register or Log in to view images

) can't afford it!

And anyway, I don't have 30+Gb of music/videos!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. musika

musika New Member

b.c. if ur not gonna use more storage, why pay more money.

i love my 8gig touch 1g =]
  4. iPoTH4CK3R

iPoTH4CK3R Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Ya, the 8GB is pretty much a waste.

With all the Apps, Videos, and Music you can put on it, it will fill up fast.

16GB is perfect for me, but since I wanted to look ahead, I got a 32.
  5. newton1221

newton1221 New Member

why waste the money, you can just click the music and videos you want at any given time in itunes, its not like your really need 32GB at one time, i have 8GB and i never feel like man i wish i had more room, i have dvds that take up way more than 8GB collectively but i dont need them all on my ipod at one time, they are on my itunes and when i suspect i'll be in a situation where watching movies will be good then i sync them, but most of the time they arent on there, same goes for music, i have hundreds of live pearl jam songs but i dont keep all of them on my ipod, just certain ones, and guess what, i have an extra $200 dollars, so i think who would buy 32GB, what a waste of money
  6. iPoTH4CK3R

iPoTH4CK3R Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I like having everything with me at all times. I like every song in my library. I cna't pick out ones I really want on there and some I don't, I need them all.
  7. -Kerrigan-

-Kerrigan- New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I just don't download that many songs or videos. I have about 300 songs, around 60 apps, 35 photos, and 20 short videos and that's more than enough for me. Plus I still have 3 GB left for all the stuff that I'll get when jailbreak comes out.
  8. appsis

appsis New Member

lol i did not have the choice of buying a 32gb it wasnt even out!!!! if i knew i would of waited until it came out
  9. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Make a bunch of Genius Playlist and carry those. My music library says it have like 14 days of music and I certainly don't need all that even if it would fit.
  10. Hawk805

Hawk805 New Member

i've had 2 8gig ipods i dont consider it a waste... i use my touch more for wifi purposes. it works as a little laptop for me at school. i can view powerpoint lectures and take minor notes on it... while browsing the net.

i have like 10 pages of apps, and 4 gigs of music and still have like 2.8gigs of space of left...
    personally i dont think anyone needs 30 gigs of music at once on their ipod touch. haha i have like 30gigs exactly of music on my computer but a LOT of its old crap ill never listen to.

if money was an endless pot for them then yeah id get the 32 gig just because, but i dont have a ton of money to spend so i can make do with an 8gig.