Why do people bash on the 8gig?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TKDGirl, Oct 6, 2010.

1. TKDGirl

TKDGirl New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I have no idea why people talk about the 8gig being a waste of money.....I have a 8gig and i own a lot of ipods/touches. Really I can't see spending like 300+ on a 32 or 64. I'd never be able to fill that up!
  2. Shaquille

Shaquille New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I agree 8 GB is f***ing awesome it's enough for me.
  3. Lux2GS

Lux2GS Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Well, I guess with the 32GB, the limit of capacity is farther away than with the 8GB, so on long flights or drives you can put all the movies you have on there and watch them, while with 8GB you will have filled up everything in 4-5 Movies. (Thats mainly why I went from 8GB 2G to 32GB 4G) And of course, because now I extremely expand my music collection.
  4. GTRagnarok

GTRagnarok Active Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    If you truly, absolutely don't need more than 8GB then OK, sure. But I think most of us use the extra space.

Basically, you're paying 3x as much per GB compared to the 32GB or nearly 5x compared to the 64GB. It's just bad value.
  5. TKDGirl

TKDGirl New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I can't see spending that much money on a 32 or 64.
  6. GTRagnarok

GTRagnarok Active Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    No offense, but that makes me chuckle. $230 is fine but $300 (Soooo much more

Please Register or Log in to view images

) isn't? If someone's THAT strapped for cash, they need to get their priorities straight and have no business buying one of these devices.
  7. iWhitey

iWhitey Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    +1 on that. It's more than enough for me. ^_^;
  8. TKDGirl

TKDGirl New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I got mine from apple and it shipped to me it was 245. If it's 300 i'd have ended up paying 350ish...

And I don't think anyone that buys a ipod is strapped for cash. Just saying when you add all the taxes and shipping (IF you choose to get one shipped).....
  9. 02krayzie24

02krayzie24 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I think they're just bashing it cause of the price. I've read on here and some other places stating that for that price for an 8gb, apple should've just made it a 16gb. I think 8gb is enough for a lot of people even it if its JB. But i think why 8gb is bashed is because of its price cause for that price, apple should've just made it 16gb and got rid of the 8gb or lower the price for the 8gb models.
  10. sudadoda

sudadoda Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    it's good, but instead of putting, for example, a full season of lost on, you can only put a few episodes. And you actually have to watch your space. But 64 gb is a little excessiv IMHO