Why Customize? Winterboard

Discussion in 'Customize 2.0 Discussions' started by Drache, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Drache

Drache New Member

I have both Customize and Winterboard and I like Winterboard for my themes better then Customize. Customize doesn't work at all for me. First it only can work with Summerboard themes (can't import winterboard themes) And anytime I try to changed anything I get an error saying it encountered an error copying the files. Even if I just apply the entire theme that doesn't work. I hope Winterboard gets a update where there is a menu where you can change things around. Is there a point to having Customize if you have Winterboard?

(I'm new to this whole jailbreaking/messing with the iPod thing, so keep that in mind before commenting!)
  2. plokiju

plokiju New Member

yes, because Customize lets you install individual images without installing a whole theme. It just makes it easier
  3. jjmali

jjmali New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Winterboard is progressing nicely. There are individual theme parts making there way into winterboard (Fading Apple loaders, Transparent icon type, different progress bars). I much prefer the way I see winterboard progressing. Customize needs someone who can pull everything together. It never seems to go anywhere. I bet people would have lined up tobuy customize if the guy knew how to finish the project.
  4. MoNoXId3

MoNoXId3 Member

I use both, I really don't like customize that much because whenever I download battery files (custom battery images) and apply them it never works, and they don't show up in the battery section
  5. Drache

Drache New Member

yea I can't wait until winterboard gets a menu.
  6. marko

marko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    i have both, but i just dont like customize. i just cant get used to it after the old version. i dont like each icons having its own folders and i find it difficult to modify anything individually (although its great if you just want to download entire themes)

i love how winterboard is coming along. you can put old summerboard themes straight in and you can change the other artwork files for each theme easily. but the best thing for me is the heirachy that allows you to switch on a number of themes and if the top one doesnt have a particualr feature the next one down gets applied. so right now im using a top level hteme (Macish 2.0 silver) with just the icons. the next level is iphone 3g which i added a nice black keyboard to, and then third is my badgeblue theme with modded artwork. so ive got one set of icons, a different keyboard and another set of bars and modded stuff from the 3rd option. it ties together so well and if i decide i want a full set of say the third option i just turn the first two off. theres no way that could be done in customize, and to me winterboard has added so much more modding functionality. i cant wait to see what comes in future updates.
  7. alt3r3g0

alt3r3g0 New Member

What really needs to happen is for customize 2.0 to allow imported winterboard themes like it imports summerboard themes...
  8. Drache

Drache New Member

how do you mod with winterboard?
  9. TmacHot

TmacHot Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i have this problem too
    it install only the apps icons of the theme
  10. alexanderkk

alexanderkk Member

Device: